PDA

View Full Version : Near Serious Car Accident - Advice Please

NaggyNat
27-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi everyone!

We have just got back from shops and my son wa sin the back in his car seat. Two cars were not watching what they were doing and pulled out on us at a roundabout. Really close!!!!

My son (2 and a half yrs old) cried saying he hurts, asked where hurt and he put both arms on his neck...

Was about to take him hospital and when asked him again before we get there he put hands on ear....

Do you think we should just take him up the hospital? Might think I'm mad for asking but he seems OK atm and I sometimes think ppl think Im neurotic!!!

xxxx

Mookins
27-07-2010, 04:03 PM
GO...if anything to put ya mind at rest

xxxx

jellybean cc
27-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi i would pop along better to be safe than sorry. Its always hard to decide but im sure the dr's would understand as its a child
How are you? it must have been quite scary

blue bear
27-07-2010, 04:35 PM
my firend had a similar accident a couple of years back, not sur whether to go or not, went and hospital said she had done right thing as there can be hidden injuries and child that age can't really pin point and tell you. better to be reassure than stay awake all night worrying

Ali56
27-07-2010, 04:41 PM
ALWAYS best to be checked out. LO's can't really explain for sure what hurts and where, especially if more than one place hurts. It will at least put your mind at rest to know that he's fine and Dr's would never complain at you for 'time-wasting' because if there were to be an injury it could be much worse if left. Hope he's ok and that he feels better soon. What a nasty shock for you both.

Ali

Helen Dempster
27-07-2010, 04:49 PM
I would definitely go and get him checked out, just to be on the safe side. And he will probably get a free teddy! :)

sarah707
27-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Children often get muddled up about where it hurts, they just know something doesn't feel right.

I would always have taken mine to be checked over just for my peace of mind.

I hope he's ok! xx

~Chelle~
27-07-2010, 05:25 PM
I would take him just to be sure. Hope he is ok hun xx

miffy
27-07-2010, 05:27 PM
I agree with everyone else - best to get him checked over.

Hope he's OK

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
27-07-2010, 05:33 PM
I would get him checked out if only for peace of mind.

Hope he is ok and you too, it's such a shock when someone does that to you.

Carol xx