PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to ask parents to refund what you spend on lo's?

mrs robbie williams
27-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Have 2 mindees age 3 and 5 for 3 days a week during the summer holidays for 3 weeks. Took them to park today and they went on train, bouncy castle, won a rubber hammer and had an ice cream. In total it was 10 pounds i spent on them. The mum has said just let her know what i spend and she will reimburse me. Is this normal practice? not complaining obviously just wanted to check im not being unreasonable asking for the money. Thanks

funfunfun
27-07-2010, 01:07 PM
If it was a day trip yes on a normal day out no i wouldnt ask for anything back as its your choice how much you spend .............however you can put through as an exsepnse anyway if its specifically items bought for "work" "mindee"

The Juggler
27-07-2010, 01:19 PM
I would not spend then ask parents to reimburse. If I told them I was gion gand they offered spending money I wouldn't refuse. Or, if it was an expensive planned day out, I might ask them if they want to contribute before deciding to go or not, but to be honest I find its easier not to ask and just offset against tax.

Some parents offer ice=cream money or entrance fees sometimes but I prefer not to bother then it's fairer all round for all the parents.

gigglinggoblin
27-07-2010, 01:23 PM
I wouldnt ask, if they offered I would ask for it before we went so I knew their limit. If I choose to take them somewhere and put them on rides then I assume I pay as its my decision.

mrs robbie williams
27-07-2010, 01:54 PM
I suppose you could call it a day trip. I spoke to her before we went and asked what to do about bouncy castle etc., and she said just let me know what you spend and i'll pay you for it xx

aly
27-07-2010, 02:03 PM
I suppose you could call it a day trip. I spoke to her before we went and asked what to do about bouncy castle etc., and she said just let me know what you spend and i'll pay you for it xx

If she has asked you to let her know then tell her, as others I would mention before and if the offer then take it etc..otehrwise just claim for it.

francinejayne
27-07-2010, 02:26 PM
If she has said take them on things and buy ice creams etc and she'll pay then I would tell her.

In the past I have asked parents to contribute to the cost of tickets when we have planned days out (I have 3 days out in total that there is a charge for in the summer hols, and the total cost of all 3 is £15 per child, and I only have 1 child this applies to as the others are too young and get in for free!), however I have paid for everything else, and to be completely honest I make sure I take a huge picnic so I always have something to offer the children when they see the ice cream van, as I am finding they want £2 for a small ice cream, and when I have 5 children with me it's expensive, and we're going on that many days out I don't want to start something early on that I will regret!!! (I'm a meanie!)

blue bear
28-07-2010, 05:14 PM
if she said let her know how much, just say and it's up to her if she actually gives you the money or not. Some people like to do as much as they can for their child including paying for treats, makes it easier to go to work somehow, I had a parent who used to send cups of water for her LO - made her feel better.

Stillgoingstrong
28-07-2010, 05:23 PM
I ask for some spending money up front - the fee I charge is to mind the children, not to take them on rides/pay for treats etc. If we go somewhere that charges entrance I ask for that and maybe a couple of quid for a lolly and drink etc. If we go out for a day to the seaside then I ask for a bit towards the petrol and a couple of quid again for lolly etc. They could always just go to a nursery and be stuck indoors all summer.:D