PDA

View Full Version : What do you class as part-time and full-time in regards to fees?

KatrinaW
01-04-2008, 07:55 PM
At the moment I charge £3.50 per hour part-time and £3.20 per hour full-time, next month I will have been working a year and am considering putting my fees up (only a little - not major increase)...but...something I never thought of when I started was specifying what I classed as part-time (e.g. under 16 hours) and full-time (e.g. over 16 hours) or that I require a minimum payment for anything less than say 3 hours a day - which some parents caught me out on and so I'd have their child for an hour or two and only get £7 or less.

What would you say is your minimum payment (hours wise) per day and what do you class as being part-time and full-time?

Thanks. :)

manjay
01-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I just have an hourly fee of £3.50 no matter how many hours they have. I do have a daily minimum of 2 hours.

amanda xx

littletreasures
01-04-2008, 07:59 PM
I actually class part-time as anything under 28 hours and full-time over.

I charge a higher amount for parttime hours.

littletreasures

angeldelight
01-04-2008, 08:25 PM
I charge the same rate for full and part time

But I will not have a child for less than 8 - 10 hours its not worth my while
So if a parent wants 6 hours for example they still have to pay the 8 or 10 hours

Angel xx

berkschick
01-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I charge £3.50 per hour no matter what hours they attend.

But I do have a minimum hour policy of 6 hours per week but I think I might increse this to 8 hours when I next have a vacancy to fill.

Pudding Girl
01-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I charge the same for full and part time - I do have a minimum contracted hours per week of 10 though, so as Angel says, if they want only 6 they pay for 10.

Rubybubbles
01-04-2008, 09:25 PM
I charge the same rate for full and part time

But I will not have a child for less than 8 - 10 hours its not worth my while
So if a parent wants 6 hours for example they still have to pay the 8 or 10 hours

Angel xx

how do you put this into your contract if you don't mind me asking;)

DCS
01-04-2008, 11:48 PM
hiya,

In my biz, full time= 5 days per week. Part time= anything less than 5 days per week.

Hope this helps!

Cecile
x

miffy
02-04-2008, 06:13 AM
I charge by the day half day or session(before and after school) so don't have full or part time iyswim

miffy xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
02-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi

I charge the same for full or part time but will state next time there is a minimum number of hours per week which I am going to put as 10.

Lorraine xx

Shirlwith3
03-04-2008, 05:39 AM
This is what I charge for full time & part time I did charge one rate for both full & part time but I found that when I had my part time for 3 days I was unable to fill to 2 other days.

Full time care £3.00 per hour (6+ hours of care daily for 5 days weekly.)
Part time care £3.10 per hour (6- hours of care daily or odd days per week).

Shirl

Amanda
03-04-2008, 10:26 AM
I live in Northern Ireland and was advised by the local childminding network that I had to charge the same fees as everyone else - no competition allowed. I had one childmninder complaining that she wasn't getting any mindees and 'just out of interest' what were my rates. Apparently I was charging 30p per hour less than everyone else. She reckoned that was why i was turning people away and she wasn't getting any interest. Had to put my fees up by 40p per hour - which i wasn't happy about. Thankfully my parents didn't mind and said I was worth it! Later discovered from NICMA that fees quoted were a guideline and it was up to me what I charge.

Local network has a complicated system which I couldn't be bothered with
less than 20hrs per week = 2.80 per hour
more than 20hrs per week = 3.10 per hour
before 8am or after 6pm = 3.20 per hour
after nursery = 3.50 per hour
after school = 4.00 per hour
non-contracted hrs = 5.00 per hour

I ask you, who in their right mind is going to sit down and calculate this every week!!!!!!!!

I charge everyone £3.00 per hour, regardless and £10 per day for after school. Like the idea of a minimum hours policy though, so might introduce that.

Amanda

fionamal
03-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I charge the same rate regardless to the amount of hours but do have a minimum of 2 hours per day and 8 hours per week.

Found it easier to keep control of when it comes to invoicing.