PDA

View Full Version : learning journal/ planning sheets

staceylou
26-07-2010, 06:34 PM
plz help!!! got the dreded phone call 2day, ofsted comin at sum point nex wk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wot is a learning journal? i hav a folder 4 each child and in that is all their obs and any work/pics they do, i link them all 2 eyfs, and write down next steps is this enough??? do i need a planning sheet? or do i just write down in the next steps?? confused.com!!!!!!! lol wot do i put on a plannin sheet? any more tips on paperwork???? plz help and thanks 4 readin!!

miffy
26-07-2010, 07:24 PM
You're describing what people refer to as a learning journey.

You need to show where the child was in terms of their learning and development when they first started with you (what they could do/were interested in etc) and how they've progressed in the time you've looked after them.

Any planning should follow on from your obs and the children's interests plus any input from parents, other settings etc.

HTH's and good luck with Ofsted

Miffy xx

Bouncy_Princess
30-07-2010, 01:44 PM
I had Ofsted on Weds & they pulled me up on the planning & that I dont put the next step on so I would defo recommend doing that! As Miffy said what you've described is a learning journey, thats what I do for my children....each has their own folder with all the EYFS developmental stuff in it.
On my planning sheet I have the week, day & date, what the activity is, my role in it, the resources needed, what children are attending that day & on the back I have a space for an evaluation of the activity!