PDA

View Full Version : Parent scratched my car

Zoomie
26-07-2010, 05:22 PM
and I am bricking myself cos DH is going to notice it as soon as he arrives home :panic: :panic:

Parent stood their bicycle (with bike stand) next to my car and it fell over :mad:

He is already 20 minutes late :(

funemnx
26-07-2010, 05:25 PM
The parent will pay for it I hope?

A mindee scratched mine while the parent was collecting her and they paid me with no quibble. Hope it's as easy for you

mama2three
26-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Has the parent offered to pay for the damage? I hope so!
I always phone and tell dh things like this before he gets here , make it sound bad and be angry about it myself , then hes got the worst of the anger over when he gets here and its often not as bad as hes expecting either!!

marian
26-07-2010, 05:29 PM
What did the parent say?

Marian x

cabby
26-07-2010, 05:32 PM
one of my parents crashed into our garage door!! she paid for it no problem,the look on her face when she came to the door and told me still makes me smile:D :D

hope your DH isnt to mad.x

Tinglesnark
26-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Has the parent offered to pay for the damage? I hope so!
I always phone and tell dh things like this before he gets here , make it sound bad and be angry about it myself , then hes got the worst of the anger over when he gets here and its often not as bad as hes expecting either!!

Lmao I do the same! I hope your ok and they pay for it x

Mouse
26-07-2010, 06:36 PM
We had a parents reverse into our car once. She was absolutely mortified, but got it sorted through her insurance.

Hope your DH isn't too mad & that the parent pays for any damage.

miffy
26-07-2010, 07:12 PM

I like your style Kath! :D :thumbsup:

Zoomie - hope the parent has offered to pay for the damage and your dh is not too mad!

Miffy xx

The Juggler
26-07-2010, 08:55 PM
what happened Zoomie?

Bayard
27-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Oh no! Did they noticed they had scratched the car at the time or did you mention to them? Surely if they knew they had done it they would offer to pay? Let us know how it went!

Julie

Joannechildmind
27-07-2010, 01:02 PM
hi whats the update did parent say she would pay for damage? what did your husband say?

Zoomie
27-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Sorry, should have said straight off that parent did offer to pay.

I saw bicycle on driveway when I opened door and before parent even got in the door, it had fallen over. Initially I wasn't worried but she went back and said 'oh no, its scratched your car, sorry ..., I'll pay ...' etc.

I told DH when he got home (I came out to his car, and he could tell from my mannerisms that something was up), first reaction was oh, xxxx, jumps out the car and curses some more, but calmed down really quickly as we wont need to pay for it.

Expensive bicycle, me thinks :rolleyes:

Bayard
28-07-2010, 11:31 AM
All's well that ends well I guess! Glad to hear they are going to pay for it :)