PDA

View Full Version : Am i over my numbers????

little_gems
26-07-2010, 04:44 PM
i know this might sound stupid but im really confused today. I've got my ofsted inspection tomorrow and my husband was going to take my son out for the day. but im not sure if im going to be over my numbers on my own.
I have a 5 year old daughter who is in full time school
B who is 5 in full time school
K who's 4 and starts full time school in september and
A who's 1.

My certificats says
May care for no more then 4 under 8 and no more then 1 may be in the eyfs
but when caring for 4 or 5 year old in full time education may increase the number in the early years age group by the number in full time education, providing the maximum number is not exceed.

My husbands my assistant so normaly is here but he's got to take his dad to hospital in the morning.

Any advise please????

onceinabluemoon
26-07-2010, 04:52 PM
i know this might sound stupid but im really confused today. I've got my ofsted inspection tomorrow and my husband was going to take my son out for the day. but im not sure if im going to be over my numbers on my own.
I have a 5 year old daughter who is in full time school
B who is 5 in full time school
K who's 4 and starts full time school in september and
A who's 1.

My certificats says
May care for no more then 4 under 8 and no more then 1 may be in the eyfs
but when caring for 4 or 5 year old in full time education may increase the number in the early years age group by the number in full time education, providing the maximum number is not exceed.

My husbands my assistant so normaly is here but he's got to take his dad to hospital in the morning.

Any advise please????

If you have B and K there at the same time then yes it looks as if you'll be over your numbers. But I dont understand why you are only allowed one under five (EYFS). I've probably misunderstood something?

Doesn't your certificate say something about 'and when working with an assistant may increase....'.

jumpinjen
26-07-2010, 04:53 PM
From this I understand that you are registered for 4 under eight because you have your own two children, therefore your own children don't count in the four..... I don't understand why it says you can only have one in the eyfs because all children come under the eyfs until the August following their fifth birsthday. can you clarify what your certificate says?

jenni

clio0602
26-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Hmmm not sure as the 4yr old hasn't actually started school yet? So would count as over your numbers x

mama2three
26-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Is your son one of those you have listed? If not how old is he?

FussyElmo
26-07-2010, 05:02 PM
By what your certficate says you are over you numbers by having the 4 and 1 yo together as the 4yo wont move up to the 5-8 ages till she is in full time education.

Even if your husband is your assistant so you are able to have more children when he is present as he will be out you still will be over your numbers.

You need to get your certificate changed to extend your numbers due to the fact your daughter is in full time school but its a little late now.

mama2three
26-07-2010, 05:08 PM
By what your certficate says you are over you numbers by having the 4 and 1 yo together as the 4yo wont move up to the 5-8 ages till she is in full time education.

Even if your husband is your assistant so you are able to have more children when he is present as he will be out you still will be over your numbers.

You need to get your certificate changed to extend your numbers due to the fact your daughter is in full time school but its a little late now.

unless your son is the 4 or 1 year old!

little_gems
26-07-2010, 05:38 PM
i haven't included my son in the numbers above as he wasn't going to be here anyways.
As my husband is my assistant ive had my numbers increased hence why i normaly wouldn't be worried. But as he's got to go out and cant really take another child with him i'm now going to be over my numbers!!!:panic:
What i dont understand is why i can only have 1 in the eyfs on my own!!

jumpinjen
26-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Oh dear well then you are going to have some explaining to do if you are on your own...... as you will be over your numbers. Why can't your husband be at home as your assistant on that day? then you will be fine.... And talk to Mr/Mrs O about increasing your numbers in the under fives category!

jen x

little_gems
26-07-2010, 05:42 PM
my husband has to take his dad to the hospital tomorrow.
I'll just tell my husband that he cant go!!! :(

jumpinjen
26-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Oh dear..... are you sure that ofsted are coming?? it's a bit tricky even on days when ofsted aren't coming because if you are home alone with the two under fives or even three if your husband pops out, then if anything happens and you are over the number stated on the certificate then your liability insurance will be invalid, as well as possibly your house insurance if you needed to claim and your car insurance if you take them in the car.... it's a really tricky position to be in...... please sort it with ofsted tomorrow!!

jen x

mushpea
26-07-2010, 06:01 PM
couldnt you go out for the day and ring ofsted to arrange another day? that way you wouldnt be there if they did turn up

little miss chatterbox
26-07-2010, 06:05 PM
What i dont understand is why i can only have 1 in the eyfs on my own!!

did you contact ofsted to increase your children in the eyfs catagory when your daughter turned 5? I'm assuming that's why you can only have one under 5 but i might be wrong?

FussyElmo
26-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Had you got 2 children under 5when your registered then thats why you were only allowed 1 in the eyfs.

And dont forget even if your son is not on the premises he is still included in your numbers.

You have a couple of options cancel a child for tomorrow seeing as your husband is not available.
Cancel your husband taking his dad to the hospital.

Good luck whatever you do :thumbsup:

little_gems
26-07-2010, 06:31 PM
thanks for all you replies. we've decied that my husband won't go out tomorrow now.
And yes ofsted are definatly coming as its my re-inspection after i complained about my last inspection and it has to be done by friday and tomorrow was the only day she had free .

Chatterbox Childcare
26-07-2010, 07:53 PM
You are over your numbers as far and 1 in the eyfs goes but not your 4 under 9.

For ratio purposes your ones at full time school are not in your eyfs numbers but are included within the eyfs register

I would clarify everything tomorrow and get it changed because even with your hubby there you are over your numbers unless your certificate states that you can have more with an assistant present. I think you are better getting hubby to take son and 4 year old out altogether so you are left with just 1