PDA

View Full Version : Yell.com

VINASOL
26-07-2010, 10:46 AM
I was going to advertise on yell.com today, but did a search first, but I've changed my mind as they seem to give out FULL POSTAL ADDRESS, WITH MAP of where a childminder is located.

Does anyone advertise on there?

flowerpots
26-07-2010, 11:42 AM
oh my gosh! just did a search to see what they had listed on there for myself and up popped my full address:mad: im pretty sure they ask if you want them to show full or part of your address when i signed up and i said part :angry: going to try and remove it now :blush:

AnnieM
26-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Mine has my full address on too, but as I have advertising on the back of my car it is blatantly obvious who, what and where I am anyway, so I'm not overly worried. Never had any problems as of yet. :thumbsup:

HELEN10
26-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Yes i have advertised free with them for years, not bothered about my address etc, being shown, see is as an advantage. Anyone can find out your address if they really want to.

Not had many enquiries though over the years from it :(

Millenium
26-07-2010, 01:10 PM
I have been on Yellow Pages for a number of years and it has produced some enquires which converted into new contracts.

I remember once raising the issue of addresses at a childminders training course and the course tutor could offer no good explanation as to why some childminders wish to conceal their address. The suggestion of protecting the children may have been valid before the onset of the internet but as Helen10 says, it is not too difficult to work out peoples addresses using a combination of various websites (Ofsted, FIS, 123.com, Directory Enquiries etc.). A lot of people who use childcare.co.uk use their actual names which makes identification quite easy too.