PDA

View Full Version : summer hols!

Helen Dempster
26-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I know some of you have planned for every day of the summer hols, and I was just wondering how you did this - do you sit down and look what's going on in your area on the PC, do you visit libraries to see what's going on? I've got a few things in my diary, but not alot :blush: and just needed a bit of advice. I've got an 8yo, 5yo and two 4yo's - all boys!

miss mopple
26-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I got together with friends and we had all gathered info from local papers, magazines, websites etc and then we planned from there. Most museums do free stuff in the hols so always worth looking there too :thumbsup:

Daisy1956
26-07-2010, 10:37 AM
I checked out the local library, lots of info and a summer reading scheme asked mindees what they wanted to do and we made a list together we'll never get through it all, also don't forget some quiet days to recover.

AnnieM
26-07-2010, 12:05 PM
I sat down one afternoon at a playcentre and while the kids were having fun got out my diary, iphone and whats on in.... magazine and sat and wrote a list of places to visit on days that were suitable for ages and kids I had. We definitely don't have something planned for every day, as I have older ones during the holidays and I can guarantee that if I say we are going somewhere one day they won't want to or the weather won't be right. They like to have home cinema days and playdays at home anyway. We are either off to Monkey Forest or Magna on Thursday, depending on the weather and at the moment it looks as though Magna is winning. :) I tend to plan 2 or 3 bigger trips throughout the holidays and then other days are local parks, or woods, picnincs, cinema days, craft activities, den building, etc. :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
26-07-2010, 12:21 PM
I haven't planned the holidays to the 'nth' degree. I usually plan one or two longer outtings per week depending on the age of children I have.

We are giong to a special park one day each week, it is about 10 mmiles away and has a fab play area.

This Wed we are hosting a cm picnic in our garden weather permitting.
Thursday we are going to the Aquarium in London.

Next week we are going to a Model Village which also has a railway and to another local park that has Life Guarded Paddling Pools (weather Permitting)

Other than that I plan day to day according to the weather and what the children want to do.

I only have two weeks to cater for because I am off for the last 3 weeks of the school holidays moving into my newly extended house. We have already started painting, I'm so excited, it doesn't feel like my house it is soo new. :clapping: :clapping:

miffy
26-07-2010, 12:24 PM
I check the library, local parks, LA funded playdays, local museums, collect offers from the local papers - anything and anywhere we might get a freebie :blush:

On days there's nothing going on I usually swop lunches with another cm friend so we have everyone at my house one day and at hers another - the children all get on well so it's usually good fun.

Miffy xx