PDA

View Full Version : 2 and half year travelling by coach ....

Cazz
25-07-2010, 06:57 PM
would you take their proper car seat with 5 point harness and hope it fits the seat or use a booster seat (but the seatbelt may be too high and across her neck?)

I'm asking about my own dd - we're going on a coach trip for the first time tommorow with the childminding group and I don't know if it's the same legally for a coach as a car with regards to children being in the correct seat for their age?

I tried putting a back on the booster seat but it would move forward badly if the coach braked hard - presumably because she doesn't weigh enough to push it back (or we were doing something wrong but we couldn't see how!). So I would have to use just a booster seat base - is this okay?

What would you suggest in this situation?

TammyN
25-07-2010, 07:24 PM
FROM PAST EXPERIENCE OF COACH JOURNEY'S WITH CHILDREN THEY DON'T HAVE THE SAME RUGULATIONS TO ADHERE TO AS WE DO IN A CAR. MOST WILL ONLY HAVE LAP BELTS AND THEREFORE A BOOSTER IS VALID TO AID UR DD. MOST COACH SEATS AREN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR A PROPER BACKED BOOSTER SEAT AND THE WHEN WE WANTED TO USE THE FRONT SEATS THAT DID HAVE BELTS WE WERE TOLD THEY ARE ONLY FOR ABLED PASSENGERS! I WOULD JUST MAKE SURE UR SAT NEXT TO HER.

HAVE A FAB TIME ON UR TRIP THO, HOW EXCITING FOR UR DD :)

crazyhazy
25-07-2010, 08:22 PM
My friend managed to fit her youngests britax 5 point harness seat on a coach recently without any issues, she's only 21m and she wasn;t happy about her not being in a seat cos it was quite a long journey. So might be worth trying your seat.

flowerpots
26-07-2010, 09:54 AM
i went on a coach trip a couple of onths back with my dd (18months) and fitted her 5 point britax, no problem. :thumbsup: