PDA

View Full Version : This can't be right

moljak
25-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I was approached by someone in the street and asked if I was a childminder to which I replied yes.I was then told by this lady that her sister does her childcare whilst she works but as her sister is unregistered she can't claim tax credits.(This is when i thought I was going to get some potential mindees!)

"Would I be able to use your number?" asks the lady
" sorry???????," I said.

She then went on to say if she could claim using my number me and her sister could half the money she recieves.I'd be in a winning situation as I would get money for having no children.
I think the look on my face said it all.She went on to say many of her friends do it in a local town with other minders and she just thought I might be interested.NO!

I asked how Ofsted would mind if they came to see children I didn't have and how these childminders do their tax as they'd have to put these children down as income.

I was a little scared of this lady but quickly said it wasn't possible for me as I myself get tax credits as I don't have many mindees and my income is small by saying i had her children they would think I earned more and dock my tax credits.By this point I was having palpitations and wanted away asap.

Surely this doesn't happen or am I just being naive??????

Ripeberry
25-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Lets hope that it does not happen :angry: I'm sure any CM worth his or her salt would NEVER stoop to a trick like that.

I think she was trying to con you. Great thinking about tax credits and a lucky escape :eek:

Shivvie
25-07-2010, 10:18 AM
:eek: :eek: Is all I can say! :eek: :eek:

AnnieM
25-07-2010, 10:28 AM
My guess is it probably does happen. :angry: I heard something similar many years ago near me. :(

auntym
25-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Oh my god, iv never been asked this and have never heard of a childminder giving thier number to someone they dont care for to claim money!
plus how stupid wud u be to do this as you pay tax on the money they claim - and she says loads do it?? iv never heard of it hon so your not on ur own

The Juggler
25-07-2010, 10:36 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: i hope that these people get caught - that is shocking. they might as well be benefit fraudsters - just as bad:angry:

Pedagog
25-07-2010, 11:07 AM
I hate to say it but I know of two childminders who do this, in one case the mother is not even working and the chilren are with her all the time.:panic: She also charges well over double the local average for care.

Joannechildmind
25-07-2010, 11:11 AM
all i can say is :eek: :eek: i am gobsmaked

Ripeberry
25-07-2010, 11:14 AM
I hate to say it but I know of two childminders who do this, in one case the mother is not even working and the chilren are with her all the time.:panic: She also charges well over double the local average for care.

All I can say is ....Weird!..... :panic:

Hebs
25-07-2010, 11:26 AM
not worth the risk :panic:

Mookins
25-07-2010, 11:29 AM
random...what if you had given up minding and actually worked for HM revenue!!

stupid woman:mad:

some people will do anything

xxx

Bushpig
25-07-2010, 12:12 PM
It's illegal. Period. :panic: :mad: Horrific that some think this fraud is okay.

EllaBella
25-07-2010, 12:23 PM
i dont understand how it works, but if people are asking you if you want in, then im sure they are making good money out of the system! its benefit fraud:panic:

moljak
25-07-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm totally shocked that others have heard of it too.where do these people think up such scams.
Shame on those childminders taking part.I hope they get caught out soon!!!!

flowerpots
25-07-2010, 01:20 PM
either the childminders or the parents would get caught asa soon as the childminder filled out her tax return wouldnt they? :blush:
silly pople ! :mad:

karensmart4
25-07-2010, 03:17 PM
This is so wrong. I really do think there should be a better system in place for Tax Credit payments to Childminders.