PDA

View Full Version : Where do I ask question?

jellybean
01-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Hi have just joined forum as I have an ongoing problem with potty training! Where can I go and ask the advice of other childminders about how they dealt with the problem when their definition of potty trained was not the same as a parents?

Sorry I can't quite work the site out at the moment but I'm very glad I found it!
:) jelly bean

Noodles
01-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi jelly bean and welcome to the forum. I cant help with your question as i have never had to deal with it but im sure someone will give you some ideas soon :) :)

Trouble
01-04-2008, 06:12 PM
click on childminding forum
then click minding chat
go to the bit that says new posts

the press new thread i think it says

then put your title in by clicking on it

then click the big white box and type

then submit reply

i think thats right

crazybones
01-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi Jellybean and welcome. There are a few threads around about potty training. What is the problem? Do you have a policy for potty/toilet training?

angeldelight
01-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Hello Jelly Bean

Have you said hello to everyone in the hello section ? Not sure if you have only just got here but if you havent maybe you could do that so everyone can welcome you
If you have already done it then welcome from me

Yes go to childminding chat and ask your question
Its always a good place to go if you are not sure

Dont worry if ever you post in the wrong place we will move it for you

Speak to you soon

Angel xx

jellybean
01-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Hi Annie,

Thanks for your reply. Mt problem is that I look after a little boy 4 days a week. About 10 weeka ago or so his parents put him in pants and told me he was potty trained. The thing is that he never says when he wants the toilet and does not seem to really think about it or want to use the potty or toilet. He will wee on the loo if you put him there and has pooed once or twice but he continually wees and poos himself and I am on a constant changing and cleaning up his soiled clothes. I am finding it pretty hard going. Of course I am prepared for the odd accident but with my own children I waited until they were ready and we really didn't have that many. When I broach it with the mother she just sayd he' tired etc. I am finding it difficult because she is addiment that he won't go back in nappies. He is nearly 2 and a half. Do I just have to persevere?

jellybean
01-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi Angel and Hi to everyone in this section!. Sorry finding this a little confusing:o so I still probably haven't put this in the right place will get the hang of it soon. x Jellybean

angeldelight
01-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Hahaha dont worry

We were all new once

You will soon get the hang of it so dont worry about a thing

Angel xx

angeldelight
01-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I dont think this child is ready to be potty trained I would have a chat with parent and find out what the child is like when he is at home because she must be having the same sort of problems too so why is she pushing this poor little child

We have a few threads about this topic if you look around I am sure you will find them

Good luck hope you get it sorted out

Angel xx

Pauline
01-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Don't worry Jellybean we all had to learn, you will soon be rushing around the forum posting like a veteran shortly!! :)

jellybean
01-04-2008, 06:50 PM
thank you angel. I will have a look around the site but while you are here I have asked what he is like at home and they say they just wait for the smell and stick him on the toilet which isn't potty training to me! I am finding it very difficult to get through to them and it isn't very nice for the child and I feel like I am being left to deal with their decision when it is not the decision I would have made.:( jelly bean

mum22
05-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Hi

With my own son I waited until he was nearly 3, gave it 1 week of not going out and concentrated solely on potty training, many accidents but on the last day he cracked it, havent looked back since..... maybe your mindee needs a little longer, i read somewhere if they havent cracked it in 2 weeks stop and try again later, this should make life easier for parents at home too, its a shame that some parents have to "keep up with the jones's - i know loads of friends that potty trained to earlier and had loads of problem wiith regression soon after. hope this helps

Helen:)

jaja
08-04-2008, 07:59 PM
hi

my son was nearly 3 1/2 when he was dry in the day and night, he was lazy compared to my daughter who kinda of potty trained herself at 2 she was dry within a week both night and day! i would explain to the parents about the what is happening at your house and make a suggestion that he trys pull ups in your care until he gets the hang of it, and it means less accidents whist at yours which must make the child upset and make the problem worse in the long time! try explaining that boys take longer to potty train and need more patience and time.

Good Luck

xx:littleangel: