PDA

View Full Version : Who has an Organised mum life book diary?

Mcgons
24-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Was looking at getting one of these or the family life book, do you use one for both family and minding, would it be ok to do this? I have 2 diaries on the go and a calendar, and I want to cut down this next school year! Also is it worth getting the leather cover?

miss mopple
24-07-2010, 07:13 AM
I have one and I love it. I use it for work and family. I haven't got the cover, may treat myself next year

singlewiththree
24-07-2010, 08:21 AM
I've never heard of it but it sounds good, do you have a link?

Cammie Doodle
24-07-2010, 08:27 AM
I've never heard of it but it sounds good, do you have a link?

No Nor me, but sounds like I might like it :D

newandlearning
24-07-2010, 08:29 AM
hi there..

http://www.organised-mum.co.uk/

here is the link.. I would have been lost this year without my life diary and my family calender..

I put all my family stuff on the calender and all the childminding stuff in the diary...

I also use a column of the calender to show mindees extras or people coming to visit.

I've never used a diary or calender as much as I've done these items.. they are fab!! and have just ordered my next one for this year... I love organised mum :jump for joy: :jump for joy: .. wish I'd created it! :)

Pedagog
24-07-2010, 09:05 AM
I use a Dodo OPad, similiar idea.

Dodopad (http://www.dodopad.com/paxsystem/paxsystem2.html)

Curly Quavers
24-07-2010, 11:14 AM
it looks fab think I would like one of those shame I have 5 months left in my old diary is the family one A5???

fionamal
24-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Ive never heard of either of those.

Im behind the times and just use my filofax for everything

Bananabrain
24-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Ive never heard of either of those.

Im behind the times and just use my filofax for everything

I'm even more behind the times. I just have a calendar and notebook!
I have a daily, medium and more long term 'to do' list
Sad, I know, but it works for me:laughing:

loocyloo
24-07-2010, 02:48 PM
i just use a wall calendar! i use one by sandra boynton. it starts in sept, and carries on till the following decemeber, so 16mths! it has 5 columns and i use one for childminding 'stuff'. i love it and the pictures make me smile. it says on it somehwere, something like 'who goes where and when, but not why' !!!

i used to use a diary too, but would always forget to transfer information!

and if the calendar is on the wall, DH can't claim not to know whats happening! :D

Chimps Childminding
24-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Nice :thumbsup: , but expensive :eek: !!! My diary was £1.99 from The Works :D

Pedagog
24-07-2010, 03:48 PM
The dodo is worth every penny, as it mean that all the kids dates etc are in their. The rule is "If its not in the Dodo, then you don't Gogo"
I also have my small filofax.

PixiePetal
24-07-2010, 04:12 PM
I love the look of the organised mum ones - just ordered a family diary and the shopping list pad. :blush:

miffy
24-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Nice :thumbsup: , but expensive :eek: !!! My diary was £1.99 from The Works :D

Ditto!

They do look lovely though

Miffy xx

AliceK
24-07-2010, 05:51 PM
i just use a wall calendar! i use one by sandra boynton. it starts in sept, and carries on till the following decemeber, so 16mths! it has 5 columns and i use one for childminding 'stuff'. i love it and the pictures make me smile. it says on it somehwere, something like 'who goes where and when, but not why' !!!

i used to use a diary too, but would always forget to transfer information!

and if the calendar is on the wall, DH can't claim not to know whats happening! :D

Everything is on my wall calendar which is situated right by the kettle but OH still asks me everything. Now I just give him one of my looks and he realises what he's asked and goes off to look. The amount of times I've nagged him for not just looking at the calendar :rolleyes:

xxxx

clio0602
24-07-2010, 05:53 PM
I just use an A5 page a day diary at the moment which is brill. Only prob I have is I keep putting the odd bit of paper, cut out articles etc and they keep falling out.

I do like the look of this tho but quite expensive hmmmm should I??? :D

The Juggler
24-07-2010, 09:12 PM
i use a diary with a week over 2 pages and write all my stuff CM and family in the one place -I'm not organised enough to check 2 diaries every day:blush:

SamBaker
25-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Oooooh I think I need one, they look so nice!
Wonder if hubby would like to treat me as a well done for getting registered? Hmmmm, more likely if I bought myself :laughing:

Thank you for telling us about them!

xx

moljak
25-07-2010, 09:40 AM
I resisted last night but finding it harder this morning lol.I need something to keep everything together.I have bits and pieces all over!!!!

miss mopple
25-07-2010, 09:44 AM
For those of you waivering- dont forget its a business expense so perfectly justifiable ;)

moljak
25-07-2010, 10:16 AM
For those of you waivering- dont forget its a business expense so perfectly justifiable ;)

what you trying to do to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PixiePetal
25-07-2010, 11:28 AM

Thanks, hadn't thought of it like that - there you go, purchase justified :thumbsup:

miss mopple
25-07-2010, 11:29 AM
I always find ways to justify spending :laughing:

karensmart4
25-07-2010, 03:48 PM

Right I'll order one then, you've twisted my arm :magnificent:

AnnieM
25-07-2010, 05:36 PM
I really do like these, I think I may just treat myself when I get paid. :thumbsup:

miss mopple
25-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Right I'll order one then, you've twisted my arm :magnificent:

:clapping: you won't regret it! Must order next years myself when I get paid. Wouldn't be without it now :)

Mcgons
25-07-2010, 08:27 PM
:clapping: you won't regret it! Must order next years myself when I get paid. Wouldn't be without it now :)

I'm still deliberating - do you have the family one or just the normal one, and do you just use the same one for family and minding?

miss mopple
25-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I have the family one and use it for both. If you want one specifically for work the little life one is good as you have sections in the back that are great for jotting down planning etc. I used it for a while but reverted to having it all in the family one as that worked better for me :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
25-07-2010, 08:34 PM
I have ordered the family one and plan to put my mindees times etc in the columns and what we are doing. Leaving a column for my family stuff. :thumbsup:

jellybean cc
25-07-2010, 10:25 PM
I loved my DoDo when i was nannying. Think i will have to look them up for when i start minding

SamBaker
26-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Ahh, well in that case, I'm sold!! Lol! Must use that one on hubby, does that work on cars as well :laughing:

little miss chatterbox
26-07-2010, 04:11 PM
never seen them before but they look fab!!!!! problem is - deciding which one!

gegele
26-07-2010, 04:25 PM
question for the ones who have them:

does the family one has the budgeting pages as well. the life one has, they're the same price so what's the difference???
:rolleyes:

I NEED TO GET ORGANISED!!!!

miss mopple
26-07-2010, 08:02 PM
It only has christmas budget pages, not day to day ones

little miss chatterbox
26-07-2010, 08:06 PM
i've just ordred the life organiser rather than the family one as i need to get my working life more organised!

maisiemog
27-07-2010, 08:47 AM
I've just ordered the family one. Looks lovely and I really need a decent diary. I use a calander at the moment but never know what my plans are when I'm out and about.

Now off to look for a nice bag to use for work!!! Can justify that one as a business expense as well!!! Ooo I love shopping!

little miss chatterbox
28-07-2010, 10:37 AM
just got mine and it looks fab! thanks for the tip - can't wait until sept to start using it!

Mcgons
29-07-2010, 07:48 AM
I have the family one and use it for both. If you want one specifically for work the little life one is good as you have sections in the back that are great for jotting down planning etc. I used it for a while but reverted to having it all in the family one as that worked better for me :thumbsup:

I did want to us it for both so thanks for that, prob get the family one!

manjay
29-07-2010, 08:21 AM
My calendar arrived yesterday and it is fabby!!! I always have trouble finding one big enough for 5 family members so this is fab.

I really like the look of the diary:rolleyes: