PDA

View Full Version : Another Unregistered Childminder

Carpet Monkeys
23-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Found this on my local Gumtree!! Unbelievable!

unqualified childminder. But i am a mum to 2 children 2 & 5.I have a clean crb.I am home all day with my little girl and am able to look after 2 more children with her.As i am not qualified my hourly rate will not be so much and you can cut out some exspensive nursery time.So im realy just seeing if like me there there are some mums or dads out there that want to go back to work but cant afford the exspensive fees or want to save them selfs some money.I have a large clean house with a good size enclosed garden with sandpit,slide, swing, trampoline and pool.Indoors i we have lots of toys all the cartoons theres cooking and messyplay in the dinningroom.trips to the park and i can even take them to a nursery or nans if its no to far away.So im not exspecting you just to drop them off one morning maybe we can meet up a couple of times first make sure everyone is happy.I know its a big thing putting your trust in some one when it comes to your child but its also a big deal not to leave them to go to work and have to give over half your wages for childcare.I got the idea from my freind whos child i looked after for a while and it was fun but it also gave my little girl someone to play with to.So there you have it im just a parent just like you.

Dare4Distance
23-07-2010, 05:25 PM
:eek:

I'd be tempted to message her, get her name and address by pretending I'm interested and then I'd pass all details on to Ofsted or whoever. :D

WibbleWobble
23-07-2010, 05:41 PM

I'd be tempted to message her, get her name and address by pretending I'm interested and then I'd pass all details on to Ofsted or whoever. :D

go for it Jojo!

mandy x

SaijaM
23-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Oh gosh... pls report this one!

.. even the spelling is so bad, I can't understand half of the 'ad'!!
Already not very trustworthy.. hmmm.

I'm surprised no-one is monitoring gumtree from ads like these... you should only be able to add an advert if you had a reg number or something...

MyOwnMelody
23-07-2010, 06:17 PM

Aye, you should ! x

clio0602
23-07-2010, 06:49 PM

I would too! Shocking!

Playmate
23-07-2010, 07:05 PM
outragious :eek: The nerve of some people :angry:

ChocolateChip
23-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Hmmm, do you think she's ra'd her sandpit, slide, swing, trampoline and pool?
I think not :eek:

AnnieM
23-07-2010, 11:27 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!! :eek:

mayberry
24-07-2010, 05:59 AM
all the above

Dawn xx

jaz
24-07-2010, 06:53 AM
That is dreadful (and I don't just mean her spelling). She knows it is wrong, but still going ahead with it. Can't understand some people :panic:

Monkey26
24-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Annoying, shocking and dreadful... but at least she is being honest about not being registered, some just crack on and wait to be found out! She should be reported...

Blue Boy
24-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Heaven forbid that something happens to a child:panic: It will then appear in the papers with yet another report about a child harmed whilst with a childminder:angry: I think you do need to report it.

Chatterbox Childcare
24-07-2010, 09:16 AM
This one needs following up. What if it is indeed a paedophile and not a lady just looking for children

Please report it ASAP

Stillgoingstrong
24-07-2010, 01:28 PM
After reading the ad I don't really think that anyone is going to be stupid enough to leave their child with what is obviously a semi-literate idiot are they? :eek: Wish I DID get paid half the wages of some of my parents, as this goon seems to think thats what we get . I can't just do nothing so I have sent a message to Gumtree asking them to monitor their ads at least for childcare a bit better, and on their heads be it if we see on the news about some poor child that has come to harm in the care of an "unregistered"
childminder that was found via their site. :(

doodles
24-07-2010, 03:36 PM
This one needs following up. What if it is indeed a paedophile and not a lady just looking for children

Please report it ASAP

Exactly! Gives me chills just thinking about it!

barbarella68
24-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Whilst I totally agree she should be registered the fact she can't spell surely doesn't make her untrustworthy,because if it did some of the people on here would be untrustworthy because of their spelling.
Also being unregistered does not automatically make you a abuser look at the cases recently about Childminders and Nursery employers being jailed for being abusers and they are registered. Some people look after their friends or families children for no money and are not registered that does not make them an abuser or untrustworthy to look after children.
Whilst I totally agree they should be registered (I am), some people do not know that it is illegal not to be registered I didn't before I became a Childminder and new parents probably wouldn't either not mixing in parent circles.
I probably will get lynched for my view but I think nowadays people are judged too quickly before knowing all the facts. Just e-mail her and let her know she is wrong to do this and if she chooses not to listen then take action.:)

miffy
24-07-2010, 05:16 PM
I think this should be reported too!

This person knows that she should be registered but seems to think she's doing people a favour by charging them less because she's not.

Miffy xx

VINASOL
24-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't understand these people; she obviously knows that she's doing wrong because she says 'unregistered childminder'.

I hope that someone does report her.

As someone said, because someone is not good at grammar/spelling doesn't make them dangerous or whatever; trust me it takes all sorts!

Unbelievable!

The Juggler
24-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Hmmm, do you think she's ra'd her sandpit, slide, swing, trampoline and pool?
I think not :eek:

no point doing any RA she won't be insured whether she has or hasn't!

The Juggler
24-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Whilst I totally agree she should be registered the fact she can't spell surely doesn't make her untrustworthy,because if it did some of the people on here would be untrustworthy because of their spelling.
Also being unregistered does not automatically make you a abuser look at the cases recently about Childminders and Nursery employers being jailed for being abusers and they are registered. Some people look after their friends or families children for no money and are not registered that does not make them an abuser or untrustworthy to look after children.
Whilst I totally agree they should be registered (I am), some people do not know that it is illegal not to be registered I didn't before I became a Childminder and new parents probably wouldn't either not mixing in parent circles.
I probably will get lynched for my view but I think nowadays people are judged too quickly before knowing all the facts. Just e-mail her and let her know she is wrong to do this and if she chooses not to listen then take action.:)

no hon, you won't be lynched for your view, think some of your points are valid. just think most of us are extra careful with our spell check when advertising. the biggest thing is that she is not insured which for most parents would be a big no-no - you'd hope:panic:

Stillgoingstrong
28-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Found this on my local Gumtree!! Unbelievable!

unqualified childminder. But i am a mum to 2 children 2 & 5.I have a clean crb.I am home all day with my little girl and am able to look after 2 more children with her.As i am not qualified my hourly rate will not be so much and you can cut out some exspensive nursery time.So im realy just seeing if like me there there are some mums or dads out there that want to go back to work but cant afford the exspensive fees or want to save them selfs some money.I have a large clean house with a good size enclosed garden with sandpit,slide, swing, trampoline and pool.Indoors i we have lots of toys all the cartoons theres cooking and messyplay in the dinningroom.trips to the park and i can even take them to a nursery or nans if its no to far away.So im not exspecting you just to drop them off one morning maybe we can meet up a couple of times first make sure everyone is happy.I know its a big thing putting your trust in some one when it comes to your child but its also a big deal not to leave them to go to work and have to give over half your wages for childcare.I got the idea from my freind whos child i looked after for a while and it was fun but it also gave my little girl someone to play with to.So there you have it im just a parent just like you.

HI, Just had a reply to my complaint about this to Gumtree - they are very apologetic and say that they do try and monitor ads but some get through. They agree that no unregistered childminders/nannies should be advertising, and ask if I have the reference number for the one you saw??? If you could pass it on to me then we can get this unregulated :censored: removed! Hope that other people complained to Gumtree too :thumbsup:

Stillgoingstrong
29-07-2010, 11:12 AM
HI, Just had a reply to my complaint about this to Gumtree - they are very apologetic and say that they do try and monitor ads but some get through. They agree that no unregistered childminders/nannies should be advertising, and ask if I have the reference number for the one you saw??? If you could pass it on to me then we can get this unregulated :censored: removed! Hope that other people complained to Gumtree too :thumbsup:

Heard from GUMTREE again - more apologise - they should have removed the ad now. They said that if anyone sees anything they dont think should be there in future just click on the "report" button on the right hand side at top and it will be looked at asap.:D

Carpet Monkeys
29-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Can confirm it's gone :) Thanks

Andrea08
29-07-2010, 05:22 PM
for the safety of any child going to this person you have to report..

i h8 the idea but what if something did happen any you stood back and did nothing? could we live with ourselves knowing this person advertised etc

no we dont know all the facts but neither does she as a lot of ppl get child care costs through tax credits ...

sorry hun but you owe it to the dumb family that may use her ... report ASAP
(((Huggz)))

Carpet Monkeys
29-07-2010, 05:33 PM
I reported it to Gumtree and Ofsted when I first noticed the advert about 3 weeks ago - due a reply from Ofsted any day now!!!

bekki0405
29-07-2010, 08:12 PM
I reported it to Gumtree and Ofsted when I first noticed the advert about 3 weeks ago - due a reply from Ofsted any day now!!!

I hope that's Ofsted giving you an outcome to their investigation 3 weeks after reporting, not that it has taken them 3 weeks to do anything about it??

Jelly Baby
29-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Shocking.. glad it's been reported

BlondeMoment
29-07-2010, 08:28 PM
After reading the ad I don't really think that anyone is going to be stupid enough to leave their child with what is obviously a semi-literate idiot are they? :eek: Wish I DID get paid half the wages of some of my parents, as this goon seems to think thats what we get . I can't just do nothing so I have sent a message to Gumtree asking them to monitor their ads at least for childcare a bit better, and on their heads be it if we see on the news about some poor child that has come to harm in the care of an "unregistered"
childminder that was found via their site. :(

Scarey but I know parents that would!

Desi-101
29-07-2010, 11:49 PM
I posted a few weeks ago about an unregistered childminder and feel appalled like you do!

I have gone on to discover there is another childminder in my area working illegally and a so called nanny who gets loads looking after a little girl! all these parents are close to me in my village and the next village on! they don't care, they earn well over the tax credit limit for claims so don't want the Ofsted registration number as they don't need it or don't qualify as they earn too much!!!!! a woman 3 doors down from me is looking after two kids from another couple 2 houses away in opp direction "unregistered" and I have discoverd Ofsted don't care!!!

I have paid out loads in fees, insurance, equipment, making house safe put heart and soul and most of all my labour into getting my paperwork and policies and procedures (hours and hours of nights in down time when my little one is in bed and dont have 1 child at the moment!!!!!) I feel so disheartened watching them child mind illegally!!!

Woman 1 3 doors down was on our green today with 4 kids on a quad bike I had to pull my son 2.5 yrs back so he was not hit by bike!!!!! REPORT what a joke what are Ofsted going to do? nothing but tell her to stop immediately! whats the point!

Soz for being negative but one good point I have 3 starting in Sept for afterschool I have had to turn 2 away as dont have space in car I will get on with what I do proudly REGISTERED and will sleep at night knowing I am doing my JOB proudly.:)

Stillgoingstrong
30-07-2010, 05:51 AM
I posted a few weeks ago about an unregistered childminder and feel appalled like you do!

I have gone on to discover there is another childminder in my area working illegally and a so called nanny who gets loads looking after a little girl! all these parents are close to me in my village and the next village on! they don't care, they earn well over the tax credit limit for claims so don't want the Ofsted registration number as they don't need it or don't qualify as they earn too much!!!!! a woman 3 doors down from me is looking after two kids from another couple 2 houses away in opp direction "unregistered" and I have discoverd Ofsted don't care!!!

I have paid out loads in fees, insurance, equipment, making house safe put heart and soul and most of all my labour into getting my paperwork and policies and procedures (hours and hours of nights in down time when my little one is in bed and dont have 1 child at the moment!!!!!) I feel so disheartened watching them child mind illegally!!!

Woman 1 3 doors down was on our green today with 4 kids on a quad bike I had to pull my son 2.5 yrs back so he was not hit by bike!!!!! REPORT what a joke what are Ofsted going to do? nothing but tell her to stop immediately! whats the point!

Soz for being negative but one good point I have 3 starting in Sept for afterschool I have had to turn 2 away as dont have space in car I will get on with what I do proudly REGISTERED and will sleep at night knowing I am doing my JOB proudly.:)

Well done to you for being so busy from Sept:clapping: If I were you I would get a t-shirt made (dont cost much tbh from the people who dont leave you alone once youve had something from them!) with Ofsted Registered Chilminder. Insured. First Aid cert. CRB etc etc and wear it all around your village at every opportunity. I'd get something for the car too. And put a card up in the local shop saying something along the same lines. It should eventually dawn on people & they will get the message. Its hard in a village -I wonder if they are on benefits or anything?? dob them in:clapping:
Good luck:D

Desi-101
04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Well done to you for being so busy from Sept:clapping: If I were you I would get a t-shirt made (dont cost much tbh from the people who dont leave you alone once youve had something from them!) with Ofsted Registered Chilminder. Insured. First Aid cert. CRB etc etc and wear it all around your village at every opportunity. I'd get something for the car too. And put a card up in the local shop saying something along the same lines. It should eventually dawn on people & they will get the message. Its hard in a village -I wonder if they are on benefits or anything?? dob them in:clapping:
Good luck:D

Not been on here since I posted this as so upset! thanks for your guidance makes me feel so much better. Will come on again as I love this forum and the support all you guys give :)

wendywu
05-08-2010, 07:35 AM
[
QUOTE=Desi-101;754135]I posted a few weeks ago about an unregistered childminder and feel appalled like you do!

Soz for being negative but one good point I have 3 starting in Sept for afterschool I have had to turn 2 away as dont have space in car I will get on with what I do proudly REGISTERED and will sleep at night knowing I am doing my JOB proudly.:)[/QUOTE]

Dont let these people eat you away. They wont get away with it for ever.
As long as you are doing it the right and correct waythen you can sleep at night.

The parents who use these people know what they are doing. One gets closed down and they just go off and find someone else to use who is not registered.

I dont know why Ofsted dont take more notice and act quicker:angry: