PDA

View Full Version : using 'the look'

sweets
23-07-2010, 05:09 PM
i can't use mine anymore :panic:

im sure all us childminders have one, you know the one where a mindee is doing something they shouldnt and you give them 'the look'.

well one of my mindees nearly 2 is a serious little thing and you have to really work for a smile never mind a giggle! today she went to open my tv cabinet which is not allowed and she knows it,so i said ah ah ah and gave her 'the look' well she absolutley cracked up laughing so i did it again and she nearly fell over from laughing so much which of course made me laugh too! lol. ive never ever heard her laugh like that before it was soo funny. problem is though i am never going to be able to use 'the look' again when she is doing something she shouldnt. :panic:

teacake2
23-07-2010, 05:24 PM
What is it about nearly 2 year olds, I have 2 at the moment and they are exactly the same as yours, I have to turn away now from them or else they will see me laughing and nothing works now, so I am going to have to find someother way of giving the 'look' too.
Teacake2

WibbleWobble
23-07-2010, 05:43 PM
hey...if its a good "look" it will be still in good order when children are 23 yrs old!

I can make my 23yr old squirm with "the look"...she will moan "oh mum dont do the look"

mandy xxxx

POMMY
24-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Thats so funny!

I love the "look" lol find it works on other halfs too :laughing: mine is known as my "nanny look" as ive been nannying for a while :)

mushpea
24-07-2010, 07:23 PM
my mum can still scare me with her 'look' and thats when she's given it to my kids,,, i still squirm:laughing:

Hebs
24-07-2010, 07:34 PM
:laughing: add a growl :thumbsup:

POMMY
24-07-2010, 07:59 PM
:laughing: add a growl :thumbsup:

:laughing: :laughing:

The Juggler
24-07-2010, 09:06 PM
the look with a freaky finger wag (that my ds taught me) always works. makes them giggle a bit but they do listen.

clio0602
24-07-2010, 09:47 PM
lol I love that age! I'd love to see your 'look' :laughing: :laughing: