PDA

View Full Version : New conservatory

Lyns123
23-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi

We have just had a new conservatory built, we took time off as holiday to have it built but just wondered if i need to tell ofsted about it. None of the kids were here when building was going on, they just came back to a new room.

I assume my whole house was registered as when i had my inspection the kids napped in the bedrooms and she looked everywhere.

Thanks xxx

AliceK
23-07-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure you should inform Ofsted of it. Also have you done a RA for it?
Someone with more knowledge will be along soon :)

xxxxxxx

AnnieM
23-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Not 100% but I think usually you just need to do a risk assessment on it and send it in to Ofsted, maybe with floor plan. Ring them to ask. :thumbsup:

miffy
23-07-2010, 12:22 PM
You need to inform Ofsted - your conservatory isn't registered and you shouldn't use it for mindees until Ofsted have approved it.

Inform them in writing and send them a risk assessment for it.

Miffy xx

miss mopple
23-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes you do as its a change to the setting

I have just had to inform them we have a new dog because thats a change so a conservatory would definately count

mushpea
23-07-2010, 01:08 PM
we had one built recently and you need to ring them, they will send you a 'variation to the childminding setting' form which you fill in and send back with a risk assesment, they then wrote back and confirmed it all,, they didnt tell me i couldnt use it untill i heard from them so i used it straight away, after all our proper inspection isnt untill 6months so we mind for that time uninspected so dont see why we cant use it straight away.

Lyns123
23-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks everyone xxx

sarah707
23-07-2010, 07:14 PM
When I had mine built I was told children were not allowed to set foot into it even to get to the garden until it was approved by Ofsted.

I sent in risk assessments and photos which they promptly lost :rolleyes:

It was sitting there empty for nearly 2 weeks with us traipsing round into the garden via the drive.

I'd double check with them but that's what I was told.

Good luck :D

claire'scherubs
23-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Yes you do as its a change to the setting

I have just had to inform them we have a new dog because thats a change so a conservatory would definately count

Are you serious????? Ive got a new kitten, do I need to tell Ofsted that????

miss mopple
23-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Yep, according to my network co ordinator some minders have been picked up on not informing ofsted about dogs :rolleyes:

mumof4
23-07-2010, 09:19 PM
I had mine built late last year. Ofsted came to do my inspection half way through the build:eek: I had to inform them of my plans, send in risk assesements etc. But Ofsted lady added conservatory onto my certificate straight away so i didnt have to ask to use it:D
As far as I was told you have to tell ofsted about new dogs but im not sure about cats. We had 5 cats so its unlikely anyone would notice if we got another! When we got Chickens though I informed ofsted and the local council just incase there were any restrictions.