PDA

View Full Version : Looks like i'm driving today

snufflepuff
23-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Mindee has just arrived with a massive bunch of flowers for his teacher. I wonder how Mum thought i was going to get a double buggy, a 5 year old, all the usual related kit, AND a giant bunch of flowers to school. Its a 30 minute walk, theres no way LO will carry them all that way- he wouldn't be able to see where he was going anyway, i can't carry them and push the buggy at the same time, and they won't fit on the buggy anywhere. So, looks like i'm driving today!
Couldn't have just got her a smaller present that i could pop under the buggy or in LOs backpack could she??? Lol.

Hebs
23-07-2010, 07:25 AM
:rolleyes:

i have 4 bottles of wine to carry for mindees :rolleyes: lets hope they dont drop them cos i'm not carrying them, :thumbsup:

breezy
23-07-2010, 07:47 AM
:rolleyes:

i have 4 bottles of wine to carry for mindees :rolleyes: lets hope they dont drop them cos i'm not carrying them, :thumbsup:

drink them, they'll be a lot lighter and you wont care if they drop them:laughing:

mushpea
23-07-2010, 01:14 PM
why are you driving?? either tell the parent you cant take them or make the mindee carry them. parents do take the mick sometimes,, I certainly wouldnt drive just for a bunch of flowers!

grindal
23-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Keep the flowers :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
23-07-2010, 03:04 PM
I hope you got a present too!

Miffy xx

hayleychildcare
23-07-2010, 03:14 PM
I got pressies today from the mindees i dont have during school holidays.
R got me a huge bar of chocolate and E got me a lovely bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates.

I know what im eating tonight :thumbsup:

mrs c
23-07-2010, 09:33 PM
One mum has given me a lovely plant, bottle of wine and box of chocs. Another gave me flowers and box of chocs and another mum gave me a hug!!
Already had the wine and almost through one box of chocs :clapping:

Playdays
29-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Can someone please help me.

I have a parent that seems to find it impossible to walk her son to my setting, even when she is on a weeks holiday. I live at most if he is having a slow walking day 20 mins away.

I am now at a point where i am going to charge for collecting and dropping him off when i am in my car as she is really taking the biscuit.

Can anyone give me an idea on how to write this up?

Thanks

snufflepuff
29-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I have a parent that seems to find it impossible to walk her son to my setting, even when she is on a weeks holiday. I live at most if he is having a slow walking day 20 mins away.

I am now at a point where i am going to charge for collecting and dropping him off when i am in my car as she is really taking the biscuit.

Can anyone give me an idea on how to write this up?

Honestly, i wouldn't charge for picking him up and dropping him off. Instead i'd just say you are not doing it, if she can't get him to you in the morning then thats her problem, she will have to keep him for the day. And if she can't come and pick him up in the evening you will be calling the emergency contacts she has given and if they cant do it, social services.
Infact, as im a bit of a wimp, i'd probably tell her my car was broken!