PDA

View Full Version : No calls yet

Cheryl Dodds
22-07-2010, 09:13 PM
:panic: I have now been registered for nearly a month and still no calls:( . Im from abronhill in cumbernauld. Just wondering how long it took for your first calls? xxx

crazyhazy
22-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I registered in April and had done quite a bit of advertising the month or so beforehand, so had one mindee already lined up although it was only temp until the end of june. At the moment I don't have any mindees again but do have them lined up to start in aug, sept and next march. I have found this last couple of weeks though that I've been getting a lot more enquiries than before, guess people are starting to sort out childcare ready for the schools going back, mostly been before/after school.

Where have you advertised? I made sure I was on the childcare link website, childcare.co.uk, adverts in local soft play, shops, community centres, handed out flyers at my toddler group and basically told anyone I could that I was going to be a childminder. So far my enquiries have mainly came from the shop adverts, a magnet on my car outside the house (I live right next to the school), posters on my fence and word of mouth.

Cheryl Dodds
22-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Hi thanks for the reply.:) I have advertised at the local shopping centre and also put some flyers round a few streets and im also on the scottish childcare information service.:panic: and still nothing. I asked to put a flyer in the nursery but was told they are not allowed to do so. My son is starting school so i will ask to put a flyer in the school. Sound as though you are doing well:thumbsup: Wish i was :laughing:

blue bear
23-07-2010, 05:34 AM
are you able to have a chat with the health visitor? any toddler groups/new mum groups you could advertise at? midwives can be useful contacts. local shop window?

recomendation is the best way, which means you have to get out there and mix, could you volunteeer help at a toddlers?

you are probably doing all this already, just a few ideas. good luck x x

jaja
23-07-2010, 07:09 AM
i know its hard but it takes time, i started when a minder was finishing so she passed me all her children (8 in total) HOwever, i have had nearly a year with just one child for 2 hours a week for nearly a year, this job comes in spits and spats, you can never rely on the money or parents word on long term things happen...

Try making a website, advertise is local shops, petrol stations, health visistors, doctors, net mums, on here, signs on the car, leaflet drop,facebook, schools and most important get your self out and about, meet and become friends with other minders in the area cause they wlll help if they can by passing your details on and talk to everyone you can about minding...

hope this helps...

Sending hugs cause i know how hard it is but be patient

xxx

Hebs
23-07-2010, 07:12 AM
have you placed an ad on www.childcare.co.uk

also on netmums childcare board?

schools, nurseries, dr's local shops (esp those near schools) do leaflet drop, supermarket noticeboards, soft play areas, sure start centres?

:thumbsup:

Cheryl Dodds
23-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks for all the advice:) i am going to put more leaflets in shops and stuff:thumbsup: i will just have to be patient. I work for an insurance company and im currently off on unpaid leave as i went straight on unpaid leave after maternity leave as my daughter has went through two opertaions and may have learning and developement issues also so really hoping that this works out as i don't want to leave her.:(

heatherw
23-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Keep your chip up, enquiries will come. Ive been advertising properly for the past 3 months and had no enquiries at all. In the past week I have had 4 phone calls, 3 of which sound very promising. I think that when the schools start to go back you will get more calls. I would try going to local toddler groups and talking to mums there. Ive been going to some for the past few weeks and I haven't got any kids with me! Ive had some strange looks but now everyone knows Im a childminder.

Cheryl Dodds
23-07-2010, 09:18 AM
the mother and toddler groups here don't start until the schools are back so i will be joining then:) hopefully i will get some phone calls soon. That s great that you are doing well now :goodjob: