PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

KatrinaW
01-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Had to write in the accident book today, my mindee (age 2 and a half) came off the slide sideways and hit his head on the trike (not badly but even so).
I feel so guilty...there was nothing I could have done but I feel responsible when someones child hurts themselves in my care, if you see what i mean.
I keep playing it over in my mind, if the trike hadn't been left next to the slide, if I could have got there quick enough to catch him...detailed it all and his mother signed it. She didn't seem to fussed, told me a story about him falling over at home the other day but I can't get the image of the red mark on his head and the tears.
I need to just forget about it as it is done with but my silly mind won't let me.
Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

Blaze
01-04-2008, 04:15 PM
That's what we're here for!
Tasha:)

angeldelight
01-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh poor you

We all feel the same though when it happens

Hope the little one is ok now and yourself

Hugs

Angel xx

ma7ie
01-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Don't feel bad. Accidents happen. :D

Alibali
01-04-2008, 04:36 PM
It's always horrible when LOs hurt themselves in our care, but someone once said to me at least I know they are out having fun and not strapped in a buggy or wathching TV all day. That made me feel better.

Ali :)

katickles
01-04-2008, 04:52 PM
I know how you feel. The first day one of my mindees was with me - within 2 1/2 hrs he'd falled outside my house & leanded vertually on his head!!! I felt sick all day worrying.

Like the others say - accidents will happen. Don't blame yourself!:)

Pudding Girl
01-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself Katrina - it's going to happen to everyone at least once, and hard as it is, it's not your ault, and you did what you could after, Mum obviously doesn't blame you, so don't worry yourself :)

berkschick
01-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Dont beat yourself up over it.

It is easier said than done I know but at least the Mum was ok about it all.

KatrinaW
01-04-2008, 07:23 PM
It's always horrible when LOs hurt themselves in our care, but someone once said to me at least I know they are out having fun and not strapped in a buggy or wathching TV all day. That made me feel better.

Ali :)

That is very true and yes it has made me feel better, it happened because he was out having fun and getting exercise, not sat in front of a TV - which overall is better for him :)