PDA

View Full Version : how long

bryzach
01-04-2008, 04:06 PM
hi all,
how long dose it take for the crb to be done as this is all im waiting for then i can start its not mine we waiting on its my hubby's. this has been going on now for about 4weeks i now he is on the last bit of it but he has been for the 4weeks.:angry:

littlesprogs
01-04-2008, 04:38 PM
they take at least 6 weeks and the last stage is the longest. Some people have been waiting months for them. I personnally waited nearly 4 months for mine and hubbys

angeldelight
01-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Hope you dont wait long

Angel xx

tulip0803
01-04-2008, 09:43 PM
My husband had 2 sent off in the same week, one cos he is a school bus driver (local council) and one for me childminding (CSSIW) he had his council one back 4 weeks ago, nothing for the childminding one though:(

And if it isn't back and I get inspected by the end of April my DS will turn 16 and I will have to wait for his to come back too:angry: . I am all for being very, very thorough in this job but this is getting ridiculous.

bryzach
02-04-2008, 07:31 AM
thank you all for getting back. hope its not long now then.:(

berkschick
02-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Some take weeks, and others months.

I think it depends on where you live too.

Mollymop
02-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Both me and hubby are in our 8th week. I phoned crb yesturday and they are going to start chasing it up.
They told me they don't start chasing it until 8 weeks.
I phoned ofsted also, and they said they will contact them every week until it is finished.
Both me and hubby have never been in trouble with the police and I took it for granted that ours would be done really quickly because of this, but I think it is all down to what constabulary your crb is at and whether they are backlogged with crb's or not.
Good luck, I hope you hear something soon.

chels55
02-04-2008, 10:55 AM
I had mine back within four weeks but they do say its appro six weeks for them to get through.
A few years ago when i was working at the school my crb took 12 weeks to come through

Banana
02-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Hope it doesn't take long!

x