PDA

View Full Version : Well That's me closed for the next 10 days

AliceK
22-07-2010, 02:47 PM
My DD was a bit off colour this morning and I guessed she might be coming down with something. Sat her at the table at lunchtime and before she even started eating she threw up, all over the table and the floor. Made me laugh as the 2 mindees just watched her being sick and then just carried on eating their lunch :laughing: . So had to call parents to come and collect, they were all very prompt and very understanding. BUT, I will have to stay closed tomorrow which means I can't have the mindee who's last day with me was tomorrow and I can't do the settling in session with the 2 new mindees either. We are going on holiday for a week on Monday (all being well, fingers crossed) so I am now shut until 2nd August. DD has been chucking up ever since and my house stinks off sick :(

xxxxxx

LittleAcorns
22-07-2010, 02:55 PM
bless your daughter! I hope she feels better soon and you can enjoy you holiday ;) ;) xx

Blaze
22-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Nevermind, these things happen. Hope your DD makes a speedy recovery.:)

AnnieM
22-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Aaaww, hope it is just a short term sicky job and you get to enjoy your well deserved holiday. :thumbsup:

AliceK
22-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Well clearly the mum of mindee S who's last day was due to be tomorrow has a huge problem with me. I left her a msg at lunchtime advising her of the situation and saying how upset I was as I had planned to do some nice things with S tomorrow and had a card and gift for her along with her LJ and photo stick for her etc and would like to arrange to drop them off at some point so could she call me. Nothing!!!! Have just texted her. I need to make sure she has got the msg but she's not answering. She's been off with me ever since I gave notice. It's sad that she's being like this as it's S that will suffer. I would have liked the chance to say goodbye to her at some point.
Parents that had their children due a 2nd settling in session with me tomorrow haven't got back to me either. I texted mum earlier (didn't want to disturb her at work) and have just tried to call her but no answer so I've had to leave her a VM.
Why do I feel so guilty that my own DD has been ill. It's not my fault, kids get ill and this is the first time in 10mths that I have had to close.

xxxx

Lou
22-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Dont feel guilty, these things happen.

Relax and enjoy your holiday, and i hope DD feels better soon xxx

sarah707
22-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Your poor dd. I hope she feels better soon xx

The Juggler
22-07-2010, 07:57 PM
don't feel guilty. what would she rather, you accept S and then she's ill for the next few days???

Just drop it round in an envelope with a nice note if she doesn't reply.x