PDA

View Full Version : Attendance book

Straws
01-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi all, how do you all do your attendance books do you have one book and log all the childs names on same page as they arrive or do you have seperate register sheets for each child and keep them with there records

Straws xx

Tatia
01-04-2008, 03:46 PM
I use the NCMA book so they're all together but each child has their own page for the month. Noce and easy.

I am pretty terrible about remembering to get parents to sign it, though.

crazybones
01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I used to use NCMA now print my own; 1 month per child. But the month I am using are all together in a daily dairy, then at the end of the month I put them in the child's own record folder.

deeb66
01-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I also use my own.

Have a different one for each child and do each month at a time.

I fill it in daily and get the paents to sign

charleyfarley
01-04-2008, 04:10 PM
I use NCMA book, fill it in daily and get the parents to sign it at the end of the week

Carol xx

Alibali
01-04-2008, 04:40 PM
I used to use my own, but figured it was cheaper to buy SCMA book rather than use all my ink!!

Ali :)

katickles
01-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm on the NCMA book - very simple, which suits me!!:)

ma7ie
01-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes NCMA book for me too. :D

miffy
01-04-2008, 04:59 PM
I made my own

Use one a week for all the children

miffy xx

Teresa
01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I use the NCMA book so they're all together but each child has their own page for the month. Noce and easy.

I am pretty terrible about remembering to get parents to sign it, though.

yeah i am the same. i either get chatting to the parents and forget or rushing em out and forget. i am two weeks behind now.

angeldelight
01-04-2008, 05:56 PM
I also use the NCMA one nice and simple

Angel xxx

Spangles
01-04-2008, 06:02 PM
I just made my own sheets for each child and keep them in their files and then I transfer the information (but no sigs) to a printed out calendar so it's all together in a different form. Only takes a few secs to transfer the info.

Heaven Scent
01-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I use the NCMA book and never get the parents to sign it as its not a legal requirement they are alwys in a rush at the beginning of the day and I am at the end of the day usually have to crack on with cooking dinner for my lot so they will make it to their various clubs on time (and to work when DH is on nights). - I think I might just get them to initial each month before ofsted come I have a new family starting next week so it should be a good time to start,

devoncm
03-04-2008, 07:55 PM
I use MM ones but thinking of doing my own but as yet not a clue where to start, how can i lay it out on a pc?- computers arnt my thing, i can log into forums and thats about it for me

sarah707
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I have my own... a page for each child... exact time of arrival and departure. :D

Hellsbells
03-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm in the process of getting ready for inspection, and one of the standards talks about showing the inspector how you will monitor attendance. When will I get the NCMA book? Should I print an example to show the inspector what I will do, or just tell them that I plan to use the NCMA one when I get it?

I posted the forms to Ofsted today...now panicking slightly!! :eek:

button68
03-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Is getting the parents to sign a requirement of Ofsted??

allinatiz
03-04-2008, 10:34 PM
I use my own and sign children in and out myself as I never remembered to get parents to sign, which I think at the minute is fine with Ofsted.

sarah707
04-04-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm in the process of getting ready for inspection, and one of the standards talks about showing the inspector how you will monitor attendance. When will I get the NCMA book? Should I print an example to show the inspector what I will do, or just tell them that I plan to use the NCMA one when I get it?

I posted the forms to Ofsted today...now panicking slightly!! :eek:

You will be fine telling them you are intending to use the NCMA paperwork which contains an attendance sheet... I would ask what they expect you to do about signing as well, so you know what the rules are for your area... different inspectors do seem to dream up different things! :D

miffy
04-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Is getting the parents to sign a requirement of Ofsted??

Not as far as I'm aware Mandy - I don't

miffy xx

sarah707
04-04-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm not sure if it's a requirement or not... but it was certainly an expectation when I was inspected... :D

miffy
04-04-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm not sure if it's a requirement or not... but it was certainly an expectation when I was inspected... :D

I use my own form and I sign the children in and out - my inspection was in feb this year and the inspector was qutie happy with it.

I can't find anything in the standards to say parents are required to sign their children in and out (only that a record must be kept of children's attendance)

miffy xx

Pauline
04-04-2008, 08:43 AM
I make my own sheets and don't get parents to sign, inspector was fine about it.

I do write in exactly when they arrive, when they go to nursery etc. and leave our care and what time they are back in our care (i.e. our collection time of them from nursery, not time back to our home)

Also keep a sole care log of the times either Graham or I have sole care of the children, either at home or taking/collecting from nursery, going to the park/shops etc. - that is an Ofsted requirement.

:)