PDA

View Full Version : Registering an extra bedroom

sillysausage
22-07-2010, 12:40 PM
I need to register an extra bedroom in my house for a new baby who is due to start. I have got the forms from Ofsted and have started filling it in.
Does anyone have a risk assessment of a bedroom that I could possibly use to provide all the info they need?

thanks very much
Cathy

rickysmiths
22-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm sure someone will be along. I have never had to do this as I have always had the whole house registered. It means it is available to us if needed but doesn't mean you have to use it IYSWIM.

Chatterbox Childcare
22-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Use the same risk assessment as the other rooms in your house

Debbieanne
22-07-2010, 04:01 PM
I recently had a bedroom put on my registration.i sent in the form. i wrote on the form, what funiture was in the room, socket covers not in use had socket covers, the windows needed a button to be pushed befor it would opened,nothing in the drawers that would hard children.
They rang and asked if there was anything in the room that a child could pull down onto them selves,and was i sure the room was safe for a little one? she then said thats fine, i will send your new certificate out to you.
It took about 5 weeks from start to finish. i didnt use anything other than the form i got sent(variation form) and just used my own discription.
Hope that helps.