PDA

View Full Version : I'm New!!!!

lou246
22-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Hello!!! :)

Firstly I just want to say this website is fab, I've learnt loads already just from here!!!

Secondly though I'm still sooooo confused!!! I'm hoping someone can help!!!

I attended the briefing session last week and understood that there was no point in sending off any forms etc without having completed the first aid course first! So...... I rang and booked myself a place which isnt until November which is fine but the lady I spoke to said I can still do my application as long as I've completed the first aid course before the application is completed by ofsted! So.... when should I plan to get my application done by???

Also..... the ICP course is being replaced by another course but no one knows the dates of when they might be on! Im assuming the course also needs doing before ofsted can complete on their side? I have to wait until September to find out when the dates might be!

So....(deep breath)...I'm totally confused!!!!

Please help :panic:

(I hope this all made sense)

EllaBella
22-07-2010, 12:12 PM
welcome to the site, someone will be along to answer your question soon ( i have no clue :laughing: ) xx

VINASOL
26-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Hello!!! :)

Firstly I just want to say this website is fab, I've learnt loads already just from here!!!

Secondly though I'm still sooooo confused!!! I'm hoping someone can help!!!

I attended the briefing session last week and understood that there was no point in sending off any forms etc without having completed the first aid course first! So...... I rang and booked myself a place which isnt until November which is fine but the lady I spoke to said I can still do my application as long as I've completed the first aid course before the application is completed by ofsted! So.... when should I plan to get my application done by???

Also..... the ICP course is being replaced by another course but no one knows the dates of when they might be on! Im assuming the course also needs doing before ofsted can complete on their side? I have to wait until September to find out when the dates might be!

So....(deep breath)...I'm totally confused!!!!

Please help :panic:

(I hope this all made sense)

Hi and welcome to the forum. I don't really know the answer but wanted to bump up your post so that someone could possibly help.

I applied after I completed my ICP course, but before I took the exam. I was glad I did it this way as there were some questions/discussion on the course that definitely helped me during my pre-registration inspection.

Good luck with the course and everything, and I hope someone can provide you with better advice.

Maria.

EmJay
27-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Hi,

I have completed my 2nd pre-reg tonight. From what I have been told you can have OFSTED round before the ICP however, due to a lack of knowledge our LA is insisting you do not contact OFSTED until it is completed. The rule is though that you must complete the course within six months of being registered.

Before OFSTED will register you, you must of completed the first aid course, however the advice we were given is that we could send off the forms to OFSTED as long as we were booked on an imminent course to spped things up.

As for the new course......it wasn't mentioned so can't help i'm afraid.

Please someone correct me if i'm wrong as theres such a lot to take in i'm doubting myself as I write this!!

Hope that helps, or if not you have another contact who can clear this up for you :)