PDA

View Full Version : Don't care about the weather...we are going!

Ripeberry
22-07-2010, 09:06 AM
To the woods :D It's supposed to tip down later this afternoon just when I pick up my 4yr old mindee, but we are going on a picnic to the woods (there are some shelters there) and I don't care what the weather does, even if we just sit in the shelter watching the rain.
We will all have our wellies and raincoats, so no excuses ;)

sandy64
22-07-2010, 09:10 AM
lol:laughing: well if its rained solid for the last 10 days like it has here i dont blame you it want hurt lo theyl have fun jumping in puddles and exploring and its so warm hope you have lots of muddy fun:laughing:

angeldelight
22-07-2010, 09:40 AM
We have lovely weather again

Have a lovely time and hope the rain holds off

Angel xx

miffy
22-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Hope you have a lovely time and it doesn't rain.

It's torrential here atm.

Miffy xx

grindal
22-07-2010, 01:18 PM
We legged it home from playgroup just as it started chucking it down here. Stopped now though!

mama2three
22-07-2010, 02:33 PM
we have just come home drenched after a trip to the farm park - only to find its raining inside as well! So mindees clothes in the drier , kids playing on the v-motion , buckets in the lounge , and the kettle on - i need a cuppa!!

Bex1
22-07-2010, 06:39 PM
:)

Hope you all had a lovely time. Last week it had not stopped raining all day and the kids were suffering with cabin fever and were snapping at each other and me so I said "thats it, lets get our coats on, our umbrella's up, we are going for a walk"....it rained during our walk but the kids had fun with their animal umbrellas and it got them outside and the snapping, bickering and general grumbyness stopped and peace was restored :laughing: :laughing:

Ripeberry
22-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Well, we had a bit of trouble getting there as they had closed the road and we ended up down country lanes trying to get back to the main road, but it was OK.
Had a nice picnic, then the heavens opened with thunderstorms, black skies and torrential rain, but the kids loved it and we carried on with our walk, soaked to the skin, the sun came out and it was quite warm.

The two older kids (8yr olds) went for a walk and got lost, but they had the sense to go back to the shop (Westonbirt Arboretum) to say they were lost and they rang me using the phone number on the wrist strip I put on each of them.

Finally got home by 6pm!

katieanna
22-07-2010, 09:21 PM
We walked to the woods yesterday, it took us 40 mins to get there and as soon as we arrived the heavens opened...we were SOAKED down to our underwear!!! Kids thought it was great fun and when we eventually got home we had hot chocolate....In July!!

beerheaven
23-07-2010, 10:39 PM
I LOVE going to Westonbirt arboretum - have been a member for the past 10 years!! One of my favourite places to be.

I think it's great whatever the weather! I particularly love it in the autumn, and on a hot summer's day - lots of lovely shade! :) ............... and of course in the rain!!! :rolleyes:

Monkey26
24-07-2010, 07:52 AM
We went strawberry picking in the rain on Thursday :D Funnily enough we were the only ones there (and the 2 other minders and their mindees we went with LOL) so it was great!! Some parents are so shocked when they drop their kids off and say "assuming u will be cancelling your trip to xxx because of the rain" and i turn round and say "uhh no, please go home and get their wellies" haha :D xx