PDA

View Full Version : advertising and leafleting

VINASOL
22-07-2010, 08:38 AM
after my disappointing visit by a parent, I'm thinking of doing some advertising/marketing. have already put leaflets up everywhere, but someone suggested dropping leaflets/business cards into houses locally.

has anyone done this before? did it work? is business cards better or little leaflets?

or should I advertise in my local paper....not sure what to do so any advice welcome

xxx:cool:

heatherw
22-07-2010, 08:47 AM
How about getting some leaflets printed and asking the local school if you can put one in the childrens book bags to take home?

VINASOL
22-07-2010, 09:15 AM
our local school (where my DS attends) does not allow anyone to promote their childcare business (be it childminder or nursery)...which is rather frustrating i have to say

flowerpots
22-07-2010, 10:01 AM
i took over 300 leaflets (large business cards from vista print) to my local school, and got 9 enquiries so far :thumbsup: , i think its def worth giving it a go. :)

VINASOL
22-07-2010, 01:30 PM
if I could leaflet directly through the school it would be fab, but they will not allow any advertising or putting through bookbags etc, neither do they allow us to leave business cards in reception....zilch

only way to do it i guess is to leaflet directly to houses...v. frustrating

Vyx
22-07-2010, 04:27 PM
My local schools were exactly the same I'm afraid.

You'd think I was some weird stalker or something :(

POMMY
23-07-2010, 12:20 AM
The schools near me used to let me pop a leaflet on their notice boards. You can always try the local mums and tots group...ask if you can leave a few leaflets for the parents to look at :)