PDA

View Full Version : Worried about parent coming tomorrow

snufflepuff
21-07-2010, 07:56 PM
A parent is coming to collect her LOs things and is not happy. She wanted me to swap some days around and i can't do it. She was meant to finish with me next week but Mum said not to bother, she will collect her things tomorrow. I have had trouble with her before, i have to be very careful around her because she takes things the wrong way and will get herself worked up. I hate confrontation and im terrified she will go off on one tomorrow! :panic:
She actually owes me £35 but i don't think im going to mention it, it might just make her worse. You never know who might be the type to go to ofsted with a fake complaint. (She has nothing genuine to complain about) But should i be letting her off the money just because she is a nightmare and im a bit scared of her??
Do you think i should make sure my partner is here when she comes?
Please tell me not all parents are going to be like this, lol!

AliceK
21-07-2010, 08:30 PM
If it were me I would have all LO's things bagged up ready to be passed over at the door. I wouldn't invite her in and I'd pass her the bag along with an invoice with "payment due by........." on it and just say something along the lines of "I hope I've put everything in the bag I think I have and this is the invoice detailing monies still owed" Do all of this in an upbeat friendly manner. If she starts just say "I'm sorry it would not be professional of me to discuss this in this manner when I have LO's to look after, please feel free to give me a call this evening."

Good Luck

xxxxx

miffy
21-07-2010, 08:40 PM
If you would feel better having your partner around when she calls then do. It must be horrible to feel scared of a parent in your own home.

If she is only calling to collect lo's belongings (not lo) then have them ready and put the invoice in the bag and just hand them over on the doorstep - you don't have to let her in.

Good luck, hope it's not as bad as you think

Miffy xx