PDA

View Full Version : GUTTED :(

hollyoaksmad
21-07-2010, 07:34 PM
had inspection today ... im angry .. cud cry and thing is she was prob one ov the nicest ofsted ppl lol

i only got satisfactory it my 1st inspection

she just goin on and on about my observations and said she had never seen the sheets i had been given and the layout

thng is i been given this by the course i did she sed i have not done ne follow ups on progress etc iv only been doin it 5 min and i have the kids not 4 very long so cross she kept goin on on on

she sed u ok i sed no i cud cry rite now not happy wiv grade etc

sarah707
21-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Oh hunny that's so tough on you!

It is really hard when you are starting out and getting used to new things and I know you've not been doing it for long.

The best thing you can do is have a little rant then pick yourself up and think positively.

You have 3 years to get lots of experience and make huge changes to everything and go on training and meet up with other minders who can help you...

Hugs xx

snufflepuff
21-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Remember though hun, satisfactory is still really impressive! The words they use for the gradings are silly, they don't give a true representaion. You have to be doing a hell of alot right to get satisfactory! Try not to be so hard on yourself.

Hebs
21-07-2010, 07:46 PM
yeah hunni a satisfactory means you are doing what Ofsted want you do to and you haven't been doing it long xx

miffy
21-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Satisfactory is a horrible word - it doesn't sound very positive but in Ofsted speak it means you are doing all that they want.

Hugs to you

Miffy xx

carebear25
21-07-2010, 08:51 PM
I was gutted when I got satisfactory for my 1st grading but now I think its good, I am meeting all the requirements and have got 3 yrs to work on that :clapping:

I cried when inspector told me grading but I was 3mths pregnant at the time :blush: :blush:

blue bear
21-07-2010, 08:56 PM
well done, Satisfactory means you are doing everything right, don't be so hard on yourself as you say you've not been at it long. satisfactory is such a rubbish word to describe doing our job to all the rules and regs. Think we should change it to FAb lol

Just think how terrible you'd feel if she said unsatisfactory!!

The Juggler
21-07-2010, 09:14 PM
I agree the wording is pants. satisfactory means you're doing what is required - to me that equals good practice. :)

Roseolivia
22-07-2010, 06:50 AM
Try not to worry, satisfactory is a good grade as it means you're reaching all the targets Ofsted need you to. You can improve on things now you know what the inspector thinks, i'm sure there's plenty of people on here who would help you improve your observation skills to include next steps/progress etc.. Well done though:clapping:

Mollymop
22-07-2010, 07:07 AM
I agree with what everyone has said.

Sending you a big hug. x

caz3007
22-07-2010, 07:17 AM
I got satisfactory too, and my only slip up was on planning as well, but was happy to have got that, as was struggling with the EYFS. I know I can improve and will do so before my next inspection and will have logged all the improvements I have made along the way, so that Ofsted can see my evidence..... as that seems to be the current word of the moment

sandy64
22-07-2010, 07:17 AM
sending you a big hug and a huge cogratulations well done stay positive you have been minding a short time and have achieved all the legal requirements. like others have said satisfactory may sound bad but its not youre doing well so keep it up if you feel your sheets need changing sarah has some great ones:laughing:

hollyoaksmad
22-07-2010, 09:04 AM
thanx guys :)xxx

susislittlestar
22-07-2010, 10:37 AM
i agree with the other ones i just had my first inspection 2 days ago and got the same, i was gutted and in tears, my hubby asked her when she she left if i ve done ok ( he didnt know what she said to me bfore about my grade) and she said my paperwork is smashing im doing great all sound blabla bla it was minor things she pointed out which i knew anyway as i just started 3 weeks ago, so think it was bit unfair as i just havent had enough practise to show her what i can do :o

dont be to hard on u at least u got really really good chance to get better grade next time if u know what i mean :p
xxx

marzi
22-07-2010, 11:59 AM
I agree with the others, satisfactory is not the right word. You are doing everything you should, don't feel bad about that. ;)