PDA

View Full Version : Just having a moan!

Katiecate
21-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I have spent a couple of months putting together my grant application (allowed up to £5k). Lots of time, effort & groundwork done, time spent having meetings with my co-ordinator. Been stressed to the hilt, all my other paperwork got behind but never mind I can always catch up when I get my application through. Put together a fabulous application, co-ordinator submitted mine (& lots of others CM's) & played the waiting game for a couple of weeks. I was so excited. But hey ho, only got an email from the council advising that "no further grant applications being approved due to government cutbacks":angry: . I tell you I could have cried. Looks like Im going to have to shell out for the resources myself cos got my heart set on them now. AARRGGHH!!! Oh well, onwards & upwards with getting my paperwork up to date

miffy
21-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Think this has happened in quite a few areas - not that that is much consolation :(

Miffy xx

sarah707
21-07-2010, 09:06 PM
It's so hard when you are promised something and it doesn't happen. :(

Hugs xx

Adiamond
22-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Same here :( I was told by my co that there was 10k for each childminder in my area, I spent AGES on my application she asked me what would make my setting better I said more floor space she then said apply for a conservatory then :eek:
So I did...... I got lots of quotes and tried wording my application perfectly they only gave us a week to get the applications back in.

Then the waiting began............ after 6 weeks of waiting the letter came and said we are sorry but your grant application has been unsuccessful :( :(

I have been awarded a computer and I know I should be grateful for it but I really need more floor space especially ready for my new ones come September so I am having to borrow the 7K to pay for one myself :(

I honestly don't think my co knows what she is on about half the time!!!! x

PixiePetal
22-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I was about to send off for the forms - glad I didn't, it has been pulled here too.