PDA

View Full Version : How can I do this?

MissTinkerbell
21-07-2010, 06:01 PM
I have my old mindee and her baby brother (Le and M) starting with me in September although am waiting for Ofsted to change my registration details as my twins start school in September and also for a variation for their 1st 2 weeks of school when they are part time.

Anyway my other mindee La (aged 2) has his last day for 4 weeks with me on Monday.

Mum of Le and M (aged 1 and 3) has asked me if I would be able to have Le and M for 2 hours on three Tuesday afternoons over the school holidays whilst she pops in and does some stuff in school ready for the new school year.

On none of those Tuesdays will have I have my other mindee but obvioulsy with my twins being 4 that leaves me with 4 under 5s.

Could I do this and call it settling in sessions as its only for 4 afternoons and for 2 hours at a time without it affecting the conditions of my registration? Contracts have not been signed yet and will start 20th September.

The other option of course is to say that M and Le are coming round to play with my own 2, which we do tend to do during the school holidays anyway.

What would you do and would you say 'yes you can have them'.

FussyElmo
21-07-2010, 06:03 PM
So you only have your own children there and you are not actually working then I wouldnt have thought it was a problem you are doing a favour for a friend as long as no money passes hands :)

sandy64
21-07-2010, 06:06 PM
if no money changes hands and you had no other children you actually arent c.m? you could as a a friend but mum would have to agree as you arent insured. or you could ring ofsted and ask for emergency variation for the few days.:)

MissTinkerbell
21-07-2010, 06:09 PM
So you only have your own children there and you are not actually working then I wouldnt have thought it was a problem you are doing a favour for a friend as long as no money passes hands :)

I will only have my own 3 children at home and my other mindee is on holiday so I won't be working.

rickysmiths
21-07-2010, 09:50 PM
I would have thought no. Your own children are counted in your numbers and it doesn't matter that you are not being paid you are still technically childminding because you are settling in the new children. You would be required to enter them in your register, and you must have a signed contract and all the ppermissions signed and info forms filled in.

If this is all in palce then you are childminding and you are covered by your insurance. If none oof theis is in place then your insurance would not cover you if there was an accident. I would be very careful.