PDA

View Full Version : felt a bit sad

lou lou
21-07-2010, 02:50 PM
it was my little girls last day at playgroup today and she is going to pre school nursery in september so a different group, when i went to pick her up i felt really sad and almost cried today and then thought how daft am i has anyone else done that. The playschool teachers have been so lovely and it is such a shame that they have to leave, mind you i could see one of her teachers had tears in her eyes when she said goodbye to my little girl. Have any of you felt a bit sad today if you have children leaving school or playgroup? or am i the only daft one

keeks
21-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I know exactly how you feel, I'm daft too! :) I have cried every time my children have left a nursery, a school or a particular teacher. :blush:

I am also a teacher, and every time I have to leave a child or a group of children I start welling up too! This time of year at nursery is terrible, I cry on the last day of every child (have got 25 leavers this summer, leaving on different days - big box of tissues needed).
xx

sarah707
21-07-2010, 04:50 PM
I blub every time! :rolleyes:

Hugs xx

Helen Dempster
21-07-2010, 05:24 PM
I felt really really sad today, as it was my son's last day at nursery. He not only starts at reception in September, but at a totally different school, so I won't see his teachers or many of his little friends again. I'm lucky enough to live next door to one of the nicest teachers he had though :clapping:

mama2three
21-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Q left his on monday , and both i and his teacher had a few tears. I feel quite guilty moving schools and taking him away from friends , but it will be better ( i hope!) and he should soon settle....do i sound like im trying to convince myself??:rolleyes:

lou lou
21-07-2010, 05:44 PM
so glad i am not the only one, she is only 3 so i have got a few years of this then it will probably be the same next september when she goes to school

manjay
21-07-2010, 05:47 PM
I had a blubbing week last week:rolleyes: . DD2 left primary school and DS left playgroup and nursery to start school. So no you are not on your own:D