PDA

View Full Version : Confusion with notice period

snufflepuff
21-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Mindees Mum gave 4 weeks notice on Wed 30th June, therefore her last day would be next Wed, 28th July.
Because i calculated her monthly fees to account for my 4 weeks unpaid holiday, but didn't take any holiday while she was with me, it worked out that she owed me a days fees. I suggested that rather than her having to pay me anything, we could just cut the notice period short by a day then we're quits.
Anyway, she has just emailed to say LO is with her Dad tomorrow so can she use the day off tomorrow instead of next Thursday. But she shouldn't be with me at all next Thursday, her last day would have been Wednesday but will now be Tuesday????
The problem i have is that because she agreed to knocking that day off, i have arranged to go on an outing on Wednesday. If i have this LO i'd have to cancel because i don't have enough carseats.
I know i need to explain to her that her 4 weeks notice should end on Wed, not Thurs (and now Tuesday because we agreed to cut a day). But do i cancel the trip so she can come next Wed instead of tomorrow? Or is it just tough luck if she chooses not to bring her tomorrow and her final day stays the same?

Chatterbox Childcare
21-07-2010, 02:46 PM
I would go back and tell her that no Tuesday is no good to you as you are working

snufflepuff
21-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Right, i'm saying that 4 weeks notice was given on Wed 30th June so her last day would be Wed 28th July- but now Tues 27th instead as arranged intead of her having to pay me. And that im very sorry but i have now made plans for the Wed, thinking her last day would be Tues, so i can't swap it.

Sorry, i know this is silly but this parent is a bit tricky/ touchy, i have to be careful what i say and how i word things incase she goes off on one!!

blue bear
21-07-2010, 03:34 PM
it's not possible to swap is it? just explain to her you can't do it, explain when you have charged up to and if she wants any more (thursday) it will cost more

you have nothing to loose by saying no she's going already

snufflepuff
21-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Well that's that sorted, i explained it all to her and shes sent a rude message saying not to bother, she will be round to collect LOs things tomorrow. She owes me £35 but i'm not even going to bother asking for it, it's really not worth it.
So glad thats the end of it, she was nothing but trouble. Live and learn hey?!

The Juggler
21-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Well that's that sorted, i explained it all to her and shes sent a rude message saying not to bother, she will be round to collect LOs things tomorrow. She owes me £35 but i'm not even going to bother asking for it, it's really not worth it.
So glad thats the end of it, she was nothing but trouble. Live and learn hey?!

sorry to hear that hon. sounds like you're well rid though:)