PDA

View Full Version : working with another minder.

viki-kate
21-07-2010, 01:13 PM
hi, im thinking about setting up with another minder. it would be from her house, but i would be registered in my own right. what do people think when they have done this...?
also what happens with inspections? i have yet to have my first grading, but the other minder has been minding for a number of years. do we inform ofsted that its no longer from my property? n anything else anyone can think to tell me ie pros and cons or little bits of info or advice...
all is gratefully recieved... :-)

keeks
21-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi, I'm planning to do the same, so I'm full of the same sort of questions. Sorry I have no advice, I'm sure the ladies of the forum will share their experiences soon. :)

viki-kate
23-07-2010, 03:23 PM
bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rickysmiths
23-07-2010, 03:50 PM
As far as I know you are Registed in your own name and inspected individually.

However you may need to take advise because as far as I know if you are working in another minders home for more than 15hrs a week she will have to employ you and pay tax and NI fo you.

I would think you would need to speak to Ofsted about keeping your Registration on your own house.

karensmart4
23-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I work with another cm in my home, we are both self employed, pay our own tax national insurance. We get inspected at the same time, but with seperate reports. The thing is they can't grade you differently as its from the same premises, so if they think one of you is good and the other satisfactory, you both get the lower grade.
As its my home I take a larger percentage of the income and we both put £10 a wk into the kitty to get new supplies etc.
On the contracts/receipts we put both of our reg numbers (we have sticky lables, so much easier), and we sign everything from Karen and Donna, Littleimps Childminding.
No one has ever had a problem with it and its worked well for the last 7 years. :thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
24-07-2010, 07:33 AM
We work together (sometimes at my home sometimes Carolyn's)and have done so for many few years, but as we are next door neighbours this is very easy to do. We have separate inspections, all contracts are separate, but we have joint permission forms etc, as we share some Mindees. It works well for us and the Parents are more than happy with this arrangement. We also try and cover each others holiday (saves Parents looking for alternative childcare) We do joint planning etc etc. We use each others strengths and share the workload ie Carolyn is soooo much better on the computer than I am, so I come up with ideas for Obs etc and poor Carolyn has to devise the paperwork for it :blush:
Good Luck with your decision, hope it works as well for you as it does for us.

viki-kate
02-08-2010, 04:16 PM
thanks everyone. i jus wondered what about insurance. as we both have seperate p.l at the mo as working seperatly, does this need to change?