PDA

View Full Version : Parent please help

Denny
21-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi there

Im a parent looking for a career to fit around raising my own child plus i love children and the idea of spending time with them.
After obtaining the information required i plan to start my registration process however i have a question which i can not get an answer to.The first step is to register with the Care Commission where various checks take place including your property but im in the process of moving to accommodate this career as well as my child's needs, so how do i work around this? Can the registering process take place without the property being inpected,how long does it take until they inspect the potential childminder's property?O rwill the registering process needs to be put on old until i move to the new property?

Please help

Many thanks

Carol M
21-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Hello, sorry can't help you with answers about the Care Commission but I'm sure someone will be along to answer soon.
Good luck with your registration
Carol x

fionamal
21-07-2010, 02:37 PM
To be honest you would be better to wait until you have moved or else they will have to inspect both properties your current one just now and then again once you eventually move. It would also involve the fire brigade having to inspect both premises as well.

lorimac
21-07-2010, 05:55 PM
You should just give the Care Comm a phone and ask their advice. They are really helpful and will you the answers you need. I suppose it depends a lot on how long your move is going to take

crazyhazy
22-07-2010, 08:21 AM
I suppose it will depend how long it will be before you move, the property will need to be inspected before you can be registered. If it's going to be very soon though, I would call the cc and ask their advice, they may be happy for you to start the registration process and sort out disclosure scotland checks, policies etc so the only thing left to do is the inspection.

arly
22-07-2010, 02:49 PM
As everyone has said it will depend on how long before you move. I was told it can be 3month+ to become registered, so it depends on how quick you do application and policies etc then its down to them.:)

Me personally I think id concentrate on the move then set up, moving is a stressful time as it is without doing policies and risk assessing

xx

Curly Quavers
22-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I strongly recommend you start the process now. In some cases the registration process can take months and so if you have all other requirements met and checks carried out then all will be required is for your home to be inspected when the CCO comes. I only had one inspection on my home and that was the day he came out and effectively registered me.

The SCMA induction course takes 6 weeks to complete and that is if you get on to one straight away.

Denny
23-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Many thanks for yr replies, ill give the care commission a call and see where i stand regarding this matter as i want to start the registering process asap.Once again thank you very much.

Denny