PDA

View Full Version : Non Paying Parent and Morton Michel

Ms WG
21-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Have had a child leave without giving proper notice.

So a few phone calls to Morton Michel Legal Department, followed their advice and sent parent a letter giving seven days to pay, to which I received no response.

Made a claim against her on Monday and received email today saying they are going to pay £650 straight into my bank account :clapping: :clapping:

Can't fault the advice and service they've given me

Pipsqueak
21-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Thats excellent news:thumbsup: now that is proper service and backup

mama2three
21-07-2010, 10:37 AM
brilliant ... am seriously considering jumping ship...

tashaleee
21-07-2010, 10:41 AM
brilliant ... am seriously considering jumping ship...

couldnt agree more :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
21-07-2010, 10:44 AM
That's brilliant news :clapping: :clapping:

I'm thinking of changing over to MM next month so stories like this are helping me to make my mind up :thumbsup:

Carol xx

funfunfun
21-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Iv only just joined ncma , however i have been made aware they dont offer money just backup/advice when you loose out

The Juggler
21-07-2010, 12:56 PM
wow! what service - well done you and MM:clapping: :clapping:

Carol M
21-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Wow! That is fantastic.
NCMA seriously need to re-think their way. Can us members lobby them somehow? Pip, I know you have dealings with them, what can we do to ensure a match with MM?
Carol x

tinkerbelle
21-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Have had a child leave without giving proper notice.

So a few phone calls to Morton Michel Legal Department, followed their advice and sent parent a letter giving seven days to pay, to which I received no response.

Made a claim against her on Monday and received email today saying they are going to pay £650 straight into my bank account :clapping: :clapping:

Can't fault the advice and service they've given me

hi who's paying the money the parent or mm sorry if im being thick just confused

Ms WG
21-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Money gets paid directly from MM

I always thought that they paid you directly and then pursued the parent, but from the wording in the email they sent, it appears that they dont pursue the parent if its under a certain amount

keeks
21-07-2010, 03:36 PM
From reading posts on here it makes me think I will choose MM. Is it still a sensible thing to become just a member of the NCMA too?

Pipsqueak
21-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Wow! That is fantastic.
NCMA seriously need to re-think their way. Can us members lobby them somehow? Pip, I know you have dealings with them, what can we do to ensure a match with MM?
Carol x

I think the only way we are going to get NCMA to pull their socks to what we NEED then its a case of letting them know what we want and need, what do and don't like.
Contact Richard Aris Customer Services Manager

the more people who tell them the more they have to work from.

there are differences between NCMA and MM as described by Sarahs document.

I do honestly believe in NCMA and their work in representing us as childminders, they do do some sterling work in lobbying for changes etc.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
21-07-2010, 04:10 PM
exact reason why i swapped my insurence company yesterday

Tribe_mummy
21-07-2010, 04:36 PM
have heard nothing but praise for MM and was going to use them when I register, however as part of our start up grant package with the local council we have PL insurance free for first year and contracts pack etc free from NCMA :( seems pointless paying for another one when I have one free, so I will prob change over after a year

Katiecate
21-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Im with MM too, also got my car insurance with them for the 2nd year running as they were the cheapest around:laughing: . They are also cheaper than NCMA, think I paid £41 for this year including PL: