PDA

View Full Version : Would you take this on?

snufflepuff
21-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Jumping the gun a bit here but i want to be prepared. I gave my card to someone this morning who said she might need holiday care for her 6 year old for 3-4 hours a day, just mornings. Would you do this? What would you charge?
I'll have my son, 2 one year old mindees part time and a 5 year old who will be with me for full days but not all week/ every week as he goes to stay with his Dad. I'm not looking to be full so i'm not too worried about her taking up a space but not paying for a whole day.
Would it be reasonable to say that if i have planned a day out, i'll let her know and she can either choose to pay for the whole day and LO come along, or find alternative care for that day? I don't want to have to be back at lunch time every day for her to be collceted, it would really limit what we can do.

The Juggler
21-07-2010, 01:01 PM
why not tell mum you'd love to do it but it will restrict your outings in the holidays. Have you planned any days out so far?

I'd suggest you tell her you will do it but that if you are picnicing in a local park , she would need to come and collect from there and should you have a whole day outing further afield, you'd need to take mindee and would she mind paying the extra on those odd days?

mushpea
21-07-2010, 01:20 PM
I took on a child recently that comes till 1pm 3days a week so on those days we will either go out in the morning or the afternoon once shes gone and on the other days we will go out for longer,, I was going to say to the parent that it restricts us in the hols so the conract will have to be 8am till 3pm (thats when the one of the others go) but after talking to my children they were just as happy to have some days or half days at home.

blue bear
21-07-2010, 03:38 PM
i have given option of no care or full day care for part timers when planning trips out, parents are usually over joyed children are going out and happy to pay the extra, you could always offer to do a whole day and have the next morning off to save mum the extra?