View Full Version : ex mindee, holiday cover

21-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi all
I look after G who is the sister of C an ex mindee who is now in school.

Mum just came in and asked if I could help out with C in school hols as his dad has just had his appendix out.

Obviously my contract is with G his sister so what do I need in place for C? It would only be for approx four sessions throughout August.

I am thinking permissions...but do I need anything else?

21-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Get all the usual permissions and payment in advance for sessions booked, save doing a contract then.

21-07-2010, 11:10 AM

I'm right in thinking I don't need a contract then?

21-07-2010, 11:51 AM
i use a short term contract

there is one is the green members downloads ( kindly donated by Ma7ie)
that you can adjust to suit you


Chatterbox Childcare
21-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Do you still have all the old permission letters? use them instead of new ones

21-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Yes I do have all permissions! Didn't realise I could use them thanks!

Chatterbox Childcare
21-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Yes I do have all permissions! Didn't realise I could use them thanks!

Just get the parent to sign one letter stating that the permission letters signed/dated .... are still acceptable.

Better 1 letter than loads again

21-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks Debbie :thumbsup:

21-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I am providing cover for a couple of ex mindees for a few days, and I dont plan to get anything re signed, just get mum to sign a letter stating that permissions and contracts signed on x date remain valid for x period.

She would take the three days to sign it for two children!:rolleyes:

21-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I would just do a simple letter with the days/hours agreed and rate of pay and get her to sign it - get your payment up front, that way there's no hassle if she later cancels

Miffy xx

22-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks all :thumbsup: