PDA

View Full Version : German Measles

Shirlwith3
21-07-2010, 04:44 AM
I had a call from one of my mindees mum last night to say that her lo had German measles, he had a temp at the weekend so mum kept him home on Monday, he came back yesterday but during the day he developed a rash I did wonder if it was german measles but as it was hot yesterday & he is a chunky 10 month old I thought heat rash but no it is German measles.

Now I was wondering how long should mum keep him home?

christine e
21-07-2010, 05:40 AM
According to this

http://www.hpa.org.uk/Topics/InfectiousDiseases/InfectionsAZ/Rubella/GeneralInformation/rubGeneralInfo/

4 days after rash appeared

Cx

mushpea
21-07-2010, 05:57 AM
now two minded children (not mine) that i know off came out in a rash,, one went to the doctors who said german measles,,, the other went to a walk in clinic and was told that it was a virus that presents itself as german measles but actutaly isnt and i dont think it was contagious so it might be worth mum getting a 2nd oppinion

maisiemog
21-07-2010, 05:58 AM
I had over a week off school when I had german measles at 11. It's like chicken pox in that your at your most contagious before the rash appears though! Hope your mindee is feeling better soon. It's not a nice thing to have!!