PDA

View Full Version : trackers plus

jellybean cc
20-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Saw an ad in this months child care mag for Trackers Plus on offer at £3.

Can anyone tell me what they are and would i find them of any use. I am hoping to start minding soon and was thinking anything that gives me idea's on EYFS might be good.

thanks

blue bear
21-07-2010, 06:53 AM
I got them for my Lo's just as eyfs came out (had always used old style tracker),

CDO said they are no longer good practice and they are not encouraged here, I showed them to ofsted inspector who agreed - too much like a tick list, if a child does not do it in order some parents may be discouraged.

I now take next steps from eyfs and have individual medium term plans from that, which over time shows I cover all areas, without highlighting a child can't do something, to be honest it's much less work and more personal to the child.

Hope this helps

TammyN
21-07-2010, 06:56 AM
i used them to start but now have my own off this site, the trackers aren't worded the same as eyfs so seemed to take long to cross reference anyway. look around the site or ask Sarah for advice on how to track progress, don't waste the money, good luck xx

sarah707
21-07-2010, 07:03 AM
It is far better to make your own documents.

First take the age and stage around the child (they might straddle 2 or 3).

Use the Eyfs to guide you with next steps - the guidance document is really helpful for ideas.

Then do your observations, spot what the child can do and how you might want to extend their learning and development.

Write it all up - keep it short, sweet and simple, linked to the ages and stages.

You can show progression by dating the ages and stages... so as the months go on anyone who looks can see xx did this in April but by June he can do this!

Involve parents as much as you can, writing for them if they are not keen to add comments themselves.

Involve children too, so that they have input into their LJ. Let them decorate it, add pictures or photos they have taken or from home etc.

Ask other setting to contribute - get their routine and put it in, get their morning song and add a copy... anything you can use.

Hth :D

Pipsqueak
21-07-2010, 07:32 AM
I find it just as easy to 'track' using the development matters grids - dating them so they link back to observations so evidence is x-referenced.