PDA

View Full Version : confused with payments

Joannechildmind
20-07-2010, 07:57 PM
I have a mindee starting school sept,i have his brother and decided to up my hourly rate i was charging a sibling discount but as i will only care for him school hols decided i would be loosing out.

Mum approached me today asking if she can pay me extra all year round to cover the eldest's school holidays as she will be using tax credits.

Mum has worked it out and asked if its ok im not really sure how to work it out and want to check it out first.

I will only take 3 weeks holidays over the year normally 2 summer, 1 christmas.

How is this worked out???

Millenium
20-07-2010, 08:01 PM
I have minded a number of children of parents in the education profession but have never gone down the route of averaging the payments - I have interestingly, never been asked to do it either!

All my parents pay by the hour for the coming month so each month's bill varies. If the parent can't cope with bills of varying amounts each month, then that's a pretty poor state of affairs. There is no benefit whatsoever in me receiving equal amounts of money each month.

I do know that there can be a legal problem in the event of a contract termination or monetary dispute which I was advised of a few years ago. It has to be extremely carefully written into the contract because otherwise, the childminder appears to be receiving money when no service has been provided.

suez
20-07-2010, 09:52 PM
its because how tax cred are now working it is,

the parents have to work out the yearly fees,school days,school hols,and own hols and give a yearly figure to tax cred.

they then split that yearly amount over the wks then,its so your not havin to ring em up at the start of school hols to say its going to be x amount for this wk now,

so basically parent has to budget!,

i know this coz i had to help my parent work out wat she would need to tell tax cred x

mama2three
21-07-2010, 07:46 AM
if you give me the various figures , such as number of hours etc I can work it out ( and explain)

or you can use this..but only if you charge for your bank hols!

number of term weeks ( will be 38 ) x hourly rate for baby x number of hours per week = A

number of holiday weeks = 14 - 3 ( your hols) =11 x hourly rate for baby x number hopurs per week = B

number of hol weeks 11 x hourly rate for older child x number hours per week = C

So A + B + C is how much she needs to pay over the year...
you can divide by 12 to get a monthly fee , or 52 for weekly....

if you dont charge for bank hols then theres a little more calculation to do....

Chatterbox Childcare
21-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I would say

baby - weekly cost x 52 weeks

school child - weekly cost x 13 or 14 weeks (depending on if you are having him TTD's)

add the two costs together and divide by 12 for a monthly payment or 52 for weekly

blue bear
21-07-2010, 02:00 PM
I would check with tax credits it's ok to do this, my understanding is that the care has to be over a certain number of weeks (6 I think) to qualify. So if he does x term time and ups it to y in the holidays she can't claim for the extra, sounds like the parent is trying to get round this by making a regular payment to you.

Chatterbox Childcare
21-07-2010, 02:49 PM
I would check with tax credits it's ok to do this, my understanding is that the care has to be over a certain number of weeks (6 I think) to qualify. So if he does x term time and ups it to y in the holidays she can't claim for the extra, sounds like the parent is trying to get round this by making a regular payment to you.

It isn't your responsbility it is the parents. You just give the figures

Joannechildmind
21-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Ok mindees mum has worked it out as this -

£3.20ph x 21hrs (her hours) = £67.20

£67.20 x 13 wks (school hols) divided by 52wks = £16.80

£67.20 + £16.80 = £84.00

minus my holidays for the year.

that sound about right??

i dont have him mondays do bank hols dont apply. Just maybe good friday

Chatterbox Childcare
21-07-2010, 07:24 PM