PDA

View Full Version : Wants to ban toddlers coming in buckle shoes or lace ups

amirose
20-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Whose with me??? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

In all seriousness when you have got 3 under five the last thing you need is a pair of buckle sandals or a pair of lace up plimsol's!!!
So annoying when you are in and out the door as much as we are!

Totally unreasonable to ask parents not to use them but who cares, want to join my petition to ban them? :laughing:

Tribe_mummy
20-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Whose with me??? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

In all seriousness when you have got 3 under five the last thing you need is a pair of buckle sandals or a pair of lace up plimsol's!!!
So annoying when you are in and out the door as much as we are!

Totally unreasonable to ask parents not to use them but who cares, want to join my petition to ban them? :laughing:

LOL! what do you want them to come in then...Wellies?? :D x

TheBTeam
20-07-2010, 05:29 PM
What drives me mad is giving an almost 3 year old a pair of lace up boots, that you have to help him get on, but because he is so frail you are terrified you are going to break his legs/ankles!

I have another little boy of the same age who comes with doodle type velcro shoes and he can put his own shoes on, the other lad will never get the chance to practice, but on the other hand when they are older they need to learn that at some point they could do with being able to tie a shoe lace!

Some of the buckles are incredibly fiddly the lad with the boots also has a pair of jelly shoes with a night mare buckle.

Where do i sign!:laughing:

amirose
20-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Wellies, velcro and slip ons only :D

So much easier when they can put thier own shoes on!!!

onceinabluemoon
20-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I'd like to ban toddlers in velcro shoes!

I've been driven insane this past winter by a little monkey who didn't want to keep her shoes on, well fitting lace up or buckled shoes would have been a lot harder for her to remove, lol! I gave up in the end and let her get cold feet... :(

The Juggler
20-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Wellies, velcro and slip ons only :D

So much easier when they can put thier own shoes on!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: where do I sign!

PixiePetal
20-07-2010, 05:51 PM
most of mine have velcro fastenings on their shoes :thumbsup:

wellies in the winter is fine by me too :)

My DS had always wanted lace up shoes when he started school but could never get them in his size - very wide feet. When he was 6, there was a pair that fitted and the deal was he learnt to do them himself - he did, the first day :thumbsup:

When I worked in a nursery I dreaded converse boots. Shoes on and off every outdoor playtime was a lengthy procedure even with 3 of us doing it. Loved the ones who wore wellies outdoors and pull on slippers inside :D

sweets
20-07-2010, 05:54 PM
i'll sign, i have a 4 year old that comes in converse boots! i hate then and he hates them but mum loves, and he looks good in them so thats all that matters surely?

The fact that he had no independance and has to have his shoes put on for him doesnt matter to her. he cant even get them on never mind fasten them up!:angry:

Andrea08
20-07-2010, 06:08 PM
lol i have to give myself 10mins everytime i leave the house just for coats, shoes, brollies ,raines, pram clips and rain covers... oh run and get changing bag, mobile phone etc etc etc

one parents was almost in tears as she arrived at mine ...ohhh he keeps taking his shoes off its taken me half an hr to get ere pmsl... i have 4 to get ready i said ... get a grip lol

shoes that fit and where children can learn to do themselves

zillervalley
20-07-2010, 06:11 PM
I'd like to ban toddlers in velcro shoes!

I've been driven insane this past winter by a little monkey who didn't want to keep her shoes on, well fitting lace up or buckled shoes would have been a lot harder for her to remove, lol! I gave up in the end and let her get cold feet... :(

me too they are on and off the feet two easily I would rather take the time to buckle or lace up at least they stay on the feet

ziller

snufflepuff
20-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Shoes that fit would be enough for me!
One LO had her first pair of shoes for ages, they got really hard to put on and in the end i gave up and took her out without them (she couldnt walk so its not like she needed them.) Eventually Mum got her measured- they we're 1.5 sizes and one width size too small for her! So she got her a new pair and they are a size too big! Even when done up as tight as possible they fall off. Can't win! She is only just taking her first steps and doesn't walk outside so would really be better with none at all!

MyOwnMelody
20-07-2010, 07:00 PM
They're banned at my daughters pre-school I thought it was a very good idea :)

tashaleee
20-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Yep I would love to sign up on that ban!! :clapping:

Have just about managed to get it through to all my parents that I need 'garden shoes' that can get wet and they can pretty much slip on and off (ie crocs) and now have a parent on monday that finally managed to send the crocs but no normal shoes so the very heavy 2 year old had to go in a buggy as he couldnt walk that far in them! Heres hoping they do better next time (and I did put a note in the diary to remind them of what I need each time he comes :eek: :laughing: :thumbsup: )

christine e
20-07-2010, 07:41 PM
AND dungerees!

Cx:laughing:

mamasheshe
20-07-2010, 07:47 PM
i would like each child to come with a pare of shoes that fit properly don't fall off don't rub are reasonably water proof in the winter i only have one culprit who has 20 pares of shoes not one fits though! and there leaving me next week :)

Millenium
20-07-2010, 08:04 PM
I would expect my mindees to come in lace up or buckle shoes as soon as possible. I have a 4 year old who still comes in "Lazy shoes" which do not teach the child anything. In complete agreement with Zillervalley.

ChocolateChip
20-07-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't mind helping them on and off with shoes, I just wish that a certain parent would buy shoes that her child can actually walk and run in without falling flat on his face all the time :mad:
The silly woman is more concerned with what looks cool, or what the child wants to wear (jellies in February :eek: ) rather than him being able to move around freely, and keeps sending him in ridiculously clumpy boots etc, I feel a Footwear Policy coming on!

karensmart4
20-07-2010, 09:27 PM
I hate converse boots, but I did struggle to get a pair on one of my lo's only to realise when I was doing the laces back up that they had zips on the back...ooops :blush:

onceinabluemoon
20-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Yep I would love to sign up on that ban!! :clapping:

Have just about managed to get it through to all my parents that I need 'garden shoes' that can get wet and they can pretty much slip on and off (ie crocs)

LMAO! Crocs type shoes are banned here!

LOOPYLISA
20-07-2010, 10:27 PM
My 40+ yr old hubby and 16 yr old step son have trouble in converses :rolleyes:

Desi-101
20-07-2010, 11:12 PM

Our local school allow croc's "in black only" as school wear!

I agree trying to get kids out with shoes is stressful! my 2 yr old does all his shoes apart from laceup, occasionally gets them wrong! I get frustrated when a 4 yo can't put his/her slip ons themself!!!

The Juggler
21-07-2010, 06:28 AM
I would expect my mindees to come in lace up or buckle shoes as soon as possible. I have a 4 year old who still comes in "Lazy shoes" which do not teach the child anything. In complete agreement with Zillervalley.

mind you bit much to expect a 3 year old to do laces.... I like them to feel independent without frustrated that they can't do it.:)

grindal
21-07-2010, 06:53 AM
AND dungerees!

Cx:laughing:

Dungarees are my pet hate too - the most irritating item of clothing ever invented in my opinion :angry:
However, they seem to have a lot of support on here - I remember my last dungarees post !!

cuffleygirl
21-07-2010, 06:55 AM
I agree that children should not just have lazy shoes - but ban laced converse boots - I have a lo who always comes in them he can not even get his feet into them independently let alone do them up!

magicminding
22-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Our local school allow croc's "in black only" as school wear!

I agree trying to get kids out with shoes is stressful! my 2 yr old does all his shoes apart from laceup, occasionally gets them wrong! I get frustrated when a 4 yo can't put his/her slip ons themself!!!

With you on 4 year olds not being even able to slip shoes on! My pet hate - I'll sign your petition lol!

Bushpig
22-07-2010, 03:29 PM
I vote for crocs!!!:clapping:

Winnie
22-07-2010, 05:14 PM

Same here, awful things for children to learn to walk in.

jumpinjen
22-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I prefer buckle or lace shoes, the little ones can't peel the velcro open and lob them out of the pushcahir causing me to walk back miles to search for them!!!!!

jen x

Dragonfly
22-07-2010, 06:09 PM
I hate crocs! children always seem to fall over in them.and converses (baseball boots was what they were called when i was younger!) are hard to get on and off. anything else is fine.