PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed Please :)

kel1983
20-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Firstly sorry if this i in the first section. I am very new to this forum.

I have been looking into all the places I can advertise as being a childminder and one place that someone suggested was on my facebook satus. Is this a good idea and what should I write? It was suggested that I get friends to share this on their facebook pages too.

What do you think. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks

kel1983
20-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Sorry the first line in the first thread should have read sorry if this is in the wrong section. I was clearly not taking much notice to what I was typing.

It's a small world
20-07-2010, 05:05 PM
know people who advertise on facebook but guess it's personnal choice really. I don't but most of my mindees are word of mouth. Although I also advertise on websites such as childcare.co.uk and put my card up in shops.
I'm sure someone who does advertise on facebook will be along soon sorry not much help.

Andrea08
20-07-2010, 05:07 PM
well i have posted my web page on facebook and on here...

but not put my phone details directly on fb... but its your friends you add that will see your advert not the parents you want to reach

tell your friends that you are a childminder and to recomend you etc

also build a web site you can get lots of feed back and is a good commumication between parents too

xx

Mookins
20-07-2010, 05:17 PM
ive advertised on netmums and childcare.co.uk just those 2 and im still pre reg and i have 3 prospective children?

x x x

cuffleygirl
20-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Facebook is reaching the people you already know - why not try, local nursery, school, toddler group, doctors waiting room, post office window (or similar), childcare.co.uk, local estate agents welcome pack (parents new to the area), ask the local health visitor to carry cards (mums returning to work) just some ideas