PDA

View Full Version : TIP for you

twinkle3005
20-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Just thought I'd share this little tip with you all.

I was in M&S the other day and there was a little stand in the furniture depatment which had samples of fabrics on it which you could choose to have your sofa made from. I thought they would be great for craft projects so took a few. I've now asked family and friends to get a couple everytime they're in M&S so I have plenty for craft projects through the summer holidays. The different patterns and textures will make fab pictures.

I've also put some in my treasure basket.

miss mopple
20-07-2010, 04:28 PM
what a fab idea :thumbsup:

Luckily I have loads of fabric as I got a great big binbag full from freecycle :thumbsup:

Mouse
20-07-2010, 04:35 PM
What a fab idea!

I often get samples of patterned wallpaper & border from B&Q for the children to cut out and stick onto things, but the fabric sounds better!

Carol M
20-07-2010, 04:50 PM
M&S running out of fabric samples all over the country springs to mind!
:laughing: :laughing:
Good idea tho, very resourceful:thumbsup:
Carol xx

lynncjt
20-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Great idea - I've got wall paper before but not thought about fabric samples - will have to get hunting!

AnnieM
20-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Ooh, know which dept i'll be visiting first next time i'm in M&S. Thanks. :D

crazyhazy
20-07-2010, 09:05 PM
My mums works in a small family run furniture shop and always has loads of discontinued samples which they'll happily give away to nurserys, schools, childminders etc if they ask. So, if you have somewhere similar near you pop in and ask, you never know!

Desi-101
20-07-2010, 11:35 PM
M&S running out of fabric samples all over the country springs to mind!
:laughing: :laughing:
Good idea tho, very resourceful:thumbsup:
Carol xx

Exactly what I thought, haha had a vison of them employing a FABRIC BODY GUARD! to rap childminders on the knuckles and heave them out the store!!! :jump for joy:

Chimps Childminding
21-07-2010, 08:30 PM
One of my mums works in a carpet retailer. she brings me the carpet sample books they have finished with, and I use them to make rugs for the playroom (ok dining room :blush: ) and the wendy house!!!! Just use duct tape on the back to tape them together - when it gets too grubby or I get fed up I just get her to get me some more :clapping: