PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry for next May!

crazyhazy
20-07-2010, 11:19 AM
I had a call this morning for a full time place from next May! Baby isn;t born yet! She caught me a bit off guard, on my mobile while I was walking so I explained I should have a place then but could she call in a couple of months once the baby is here and I should have a clearer picture of what's happening. Hopefully I won't lose out by being vague but was so surprised at it not being till may lol

marnieb
20-07-2010, 11:45 AM
lol!!!! Some mums are so organised!!! my new mindee starts on 11th Ocotber, and his mum contacted me when he was 6 months old, back in May!!

berkschick
20-07-2010, 11:56 AM
I signed one up for a January start in May!

charleyfarley
20-07-2010, 12:07 PM
I have 2 lined up for next year, neither are born yet.

One is nearly 2 weeks late and sibling of a present mindee :thumbsup:

The other is due next month, parents visited me back in April and once baby is born they will come and fill in all the paperwork :thumbsup:

I can't wait to start caring for them both :clapping: :clapping:

Carol xx

Stillgoingstrong
20-07-2010, 12:08 PM
I had a call this morning for a full time place from next May! Baby isn;t born yet! She caught me a bit off guard, on my mobile while I was walking so I explained I should have a place then but could she call in a couple of months once the baby is here and I should have a clearer picture of what's happening. Hopefully I won't lose out by being vague but was so surprised at it not being till may lol

I can beat that although the child is 3 - Mum enquiring about before and after school and holidays I'm chatting away thinking its september which it IS........ but september 2011:eek: Told her to ring me nearer the time:D

Chimps Childminding
20-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I have got one due beginning of december, booked in for next spring!! However it is a sibling of one of my mindees so slightly different!!

crazyhazy
20-07-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm amazed by how organised some people are! I know I have space from august cos my eldest starts school so am sure I could work something if they did want to come in may, hopefully she'll call back in a month or so.

Have just looked on childcare.co.uk and seems she viewed me there this morning, so at least I know have her number and email so I can always send her some info beforehand too :)

grindal
20-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Just be a bit careful not to comit yourself too early with an unborn baby. Last July a mum came to visit me looking for a full time place in September 2010. I also thought it would all fit in perfectly as my DS1 would be starting school, but in April mum told me she only wanted 3 days a week. Although we had not exchanged money or contracts i had verbally promised her a place albeit a full time one.
Luckily, all has worked out as I now have a full time mindee starting in September and she will take the 3 day a week space when DS1 starts school full time in October.

Playmate
20-07-2010, 03:12 PM
We have a lady coming next week who is only 4mths pregnant. she is looking to go back to work early after the birth for 2 days a week, 3 days by April and then full time next Sep. suits us as we have a 2-3 day vacancy at present, but were not going to advertise until after Xmas (as we have 2 one year olds starting in Sep :panic: ) and 2 children starting school next september, so fits nicely (thats if she wants us :D )

karensmart4
20-07-2010, 03:24 PM
We have a baby booked in and a months fees paid as deposit.....baby due new years eve, mum's a teacher and is planning on going back to work before the easter hols!

Hope it all goes well for her!