PDA

View Full Version : SUspect Ringworm, do I ask Mum to pick up?

bekki0405
20-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Hello
I have a child who is 1, and her comes Mon-Wed. Yesterday during the day, I noticed a little mark on his cheek. I thought he's bumped it, but had not witnessed any event.
When Mum came I mentioned it, thinking I had better write up an accident form. Mum said it had appeared over the weekend and she's forgotten to mention it. Fair enough, as I didn't notice it straight away.
Anyway, I'm looking at it today, and am not happy about it, so I look on the internet, and find a picture which looks a bit like it, and it's a picture of ringworm.
I have called Mum and asked her to get it seen by a GP, as it could be a fungal infection, and she is doing this now. However, I'm not sure whether this child should be sent home. I have tried to find out on Google, but some say yes, and some say children do not need to be kept away, as long as they don't share towels, which they don't anyway.

Any advice please?

auntym
20-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Iv yet to come across this in my 7 years of minding.
Sorry cant help why dont you ask mum to ask doctor? Or ring yours and see how contagious it is?

cs01
20-07-2010, 12:16 PM
I had ringworm on my arm once and was prescribed an anti fungal cream to clear it up - I never passed it on to anyone in my family so not sure how easy it is to pass it on. Probably best get mum to call GP for advice.

Stillgoingstrong
20-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Ringworm is highly infectious in my experience of it - my daughter got it from a kitten we rescued then it went to the dogs then me!!! Really hard to get rid of too.:(

mama2three
20-07-2010, 01:33 PM
HPA guidance is to exclude until treatment commences..