PDA

View Full Version : Inclusion Programme

shelly03
19-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Has anybody heard of this, I am taking on a disabled child in September and people keep telling me about this. I have tried to phone the Surestart team today but no joy. If anybody has any info please let me know

Thanks

jellybean cc
19-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi not sure if this will help i was looking and saw the title and remembered your post

http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/341617?uc=force_deep

teacake2
19-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Hi, I have Staffordshire's Early Years Inclusion Development Programme Quality Mark, (great long title isn't it), I did it via our network, it involved doing extra inclusion training, having visits from the network co-ordinator and then filling in a long form about how I would deal with inclusion. To be honest I had forgotten about the form until one day the network co-ordinator came and said I had been granted the Quality Mark and presented me with a certificate.
I have looked after a mentally and physically disabled child for four years and learnt alot in that time.
I had visits from physio, speech therapy and educators to help me look after him.
If you have a network in your area then I should contact them or your DO who should be able to help you.
Teacake2