PDA

View Full Version : Help with a b'day present for mum

youarewhatyoueat
19-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Hi all you arty childminders, i'm hopeless so need an idea.

Dad has just texted me to say that it is mindee's mums birthday on saturday and could we do something tommorrow, thing is this 2 year old I'm just having as a one off, I did used to have her all the time but mum is on maternity leave at the moment.

Its my kids sports day in the morning so what could I make in the afternoon, i've got card, tissue, paint,various coloured paper.

Any clever (easy)ideas welcome( as i'm hoping i'll get the baby and want to impress!!)

Tribe_mummy
19-07-2010, 04:21 PM
What about a photo frame made out of card and decorated by LO and stick a photo of LO inside it x

suzyblue
19-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Hand prints always go down well :thumbsup:

karensmart4
19-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Take a photo, cut it into a circle, glue it onto the card, cut some petal shapes out of tissue or coloured paper, get mindee to glue the petals around their photo...put a stem on it, and cut out a plant pot shape and get mindee to glue in place, write on plant pot...To Mummy..Inside allow mindee to make lots of marks with crayons. :D

Tribe_mummy
19-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Take a photo, cut it into a circle, glue it onto the card, cut some petal shapes out of tissue or coloured paper, get mindee to glue the petals around their photo...put a stem on it, and cut out a plant pot shape and get mindee to glue in place, write on plant pot...To Mummy..Inside allow mindee to make lots of marks with crayons. :D

Love this idea! I will be pinching this for myself lol x

karensmart4
19-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Be my guest tribe-mummy :D

youarewhatyoueat
19-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Wow, thankyou
It also made me think you could do handprints on card and plant them as well!!
Thanks all xx

chibault
19-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Lovely idea Karen! I too will be trying that!

For the hand prints try this. Paint lots of colours onto the hands, so you get multicoloured hand prints. Cut them both out leaving a border of white paper around the hands of about 1 cm. Then fold some strips of card into concertinas. Stick these with sticky tape onto each of the backs of the hand prints and then sticky tape these onto card. Really simple and quick and makes the hands wave around when you jiggle the card.

Child can decorate the card you stick them onto with glitter and paint too.

Have fun!
What a lucky mum she will be! :)

Ali56
20-07-2010, 07:05 AM
you could decorate a flower pot if you have one, and put a flower in there, papar ones are easy to make if you dont want the mess of compost-stick a blob of blu tack in bottom push in paper flower stuff pot with tissue paper to hide blu tack!:laughing: