PDA

View Full Version : Something they forgot to tell me?

brightstar
19-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I can't believe i've just picked 6yr old mindee up from school and he's got an asthma pump!!! I've been looking after him for six months and its never been mentioned :eek: All I can say is thank god its his last day tomorrow, I am so fed up with these parents taking the mick. And they still haven't confimed that his Granny will be taking over care in September (2 weeks after mentioning it), though thats no problem, I'm giving him notice anyway
:laughing: Are they in for a shock.

funfunfun
19-07-2010, 03:47 PM
sound like a royal pain in the bum if you ask me , cant believe it has never been mentioned (obvs not that important to the parents then )

good luck with giving them notice :) x

Bananabrain
19-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Why would they tell you? You are only the childminder!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I know exactly where you're coming from. I have a child with asthma and when he started I had to keep badgering mum for an inhaler to keep at mine {actually now in a rucksack with spacer that I take everywhere, so much so that I think it might start growing on to my body}:laughing:
Now I maybe a bit anal when it comes to being organised, but if it were my child it would be THE first thing I would discuss.
But maybe I'm a bit weird:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Minstrel
19-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Could it be a new thing?

My son has awful hayfever which has got much worse in the last two weeks and he's been given an asthma pump to give him some relief at nighttime but it won't be a permant thing (i hope )

miffy
19-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Could it be a new thing?

My son has awful hayfever which has got much worse in the last two weeks and he's been given an asthma pump to give him some relief at nighttime but it won't be a permant thing (i hope )

Still think the parents should have mentioned it though!

At least you haven't got to worry about it for much longer!

Miffy xx

Minstrel
19-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Still think the parents should have mentioned it though!

At least you haven't got to worry about it for much longer!

Miffy xx

Oh of course definitely they should have!

Was just trying to work out why it would not dawned on them in the previous 6 months. :eek:

miffy
19-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Sorry, I didn't phrase my reply very well - wasn't meant as a dig at you.

I think you're probably right and it is a new thing but it's just amazing how parents don't seem to think to tell us :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

brightstar
19-07-2010, 05:18 PM
No its not a new thing, dad asked him why the school had sent it home today, what if he needs it tomorrow? Sounds like it was one that was kept in school :eek: If anything had happened i'd have had to phone 999, cos both parents work 20 miles away!

miffy
19-07-2010, 05:20 PM
So much for giving them the benefit of the doubt then! :rolleyes:

You're well rid!

Miffy xx

loocyloo
19-07-2010, 05:34 PM
i've got a LO, had her since march 09. since march this year i have been getting her to do more walking, and have been slightly concerned about her feet/leg turning in when she walks. after monitoring it, i wrote mum & dad a note saying i was concerned and put in in her daily diary. (they are VERY difficult to mention anything to, especially if they may perceive it as negative about their children!)
the next day she came, note was gone, nothing was said. i mentioned it to preschool. they and i continued to monitor. a couple of weeks ago, after discussion between us, the head of preschool said she would talk to mum.

apparently LO was BORN with turned in feet, and there is no concern and they are not bothered !!:eek: ok, fair enough ... but why didn't they mention it ??? to me or preschool! they told me only to use water to wash/clean/wipe etc as 'sensitive skin', lots of instructions about food etc, but didn't mention any physical issues !!!

preschool are astounded that they hadn't told me ( or them! ) but they have told mum they want to arrange an assesment !!!

(sorry OP for taking over your thread!)