PDA

View Full Version : Learning Journals

maisiemog
19-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Justr wondered how often you send them home for parents to see and exactly what you have in them? I was thinking quarterly but is this not often enough?

I've just spent most of the weekend making sure mine are up to date. Have a variety of obs in them, some photo ones as well. Also a copy of the individual planning for some of the activities I've done obs on.

Anything else I need to include????

huggableshelly
19-07-2010, 03:22 PM
there is no set rule about when to send them home.

I used to send mine home with 2 parents every half term as children were term time only so this gave them a decent amount of time to browse but did not send it home over 6 wk school hols.

3 others I used to make appointments with so they could view them in my home, Parents did not return forms or constnaly left newsletters in their childrens book bags so I chose not to allow such important LJ's to leave my home.

Millenium
19-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I share them with parents on a quarterly basis which seems to work well for both sides.

funfunfun
19-07-2010, 03:49 PM
i have a diary for my lo , goes home everyday (parents are very good though)as mum drops off and dad collects so its nice for her to see what we have done what he has eaten throiugh the day ...........i stick in a pic as well more often that not everyday

I only have 1 mindee :)

Pipsqueak
19-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Me and parent make an appointment - I go to their house or they come to mind to go through the LJ. Its too precious to let out my sight!
Mind you I know which parents I can trust with it and which ones I can't

Quarterly sounds about right but parents know if they want to access it before that they are welcome to ask for it

miffy
19-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Once a term it goes home but they can see it at any time at my house.

It does take me a few weeks to gather them back in so now I'm staggering when I send them out so I am not chasing all of them at the same time lol!

Miffy xx