PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound ok?

snufflepuff
19-07-2010, 08:30 AM
I know from my other thread that some of us charge extra for outings and other don't- i have decided that for some outings i will need to- otherwise i just wouldn't be able to afford to go! I have written this to give to parents, does it sound ok? I was going to ask for one set amount to cover maybe 3-4 trips over the whole summer, but after talking to friends decided parents will probably prefer to be told about each one separately.

Dear Parents,
I am planning on taking the children on some outings over the summer. Many of the places I plan to go to are free, but I will need to ask you for a small contribution towards the cost of some of those that have admission charges.
The first trip I have planned is Butterfly World. Entry is free for children under 3 years, but I am asking for a contribution of £3 to allow us to go in to the soft play centre.
I will need your contributions by Wednesday 28th July.
Many thanks

amirose
19-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Make sure you add on if they have any question/queries/concerns that they are welcome to discuss them with you.
I also would probably write, "Providing you are happy for your child to attend on this trip please can you make sure all contributions are in by xyz"

judisteve
19-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi
What are the options if they don't want their child to go? If it is a part time child could you go a different day or give the option of them not sending child that day?? (and maybe not charging them?) £3 doesn't sound too much to me as a trip out but you never quite know how a parent will react!!
Enjoy the summer!!
Judi
PS Yes, it did sound ok - but maybe think about if you did want to include an option if they didn't want to pay/include their child.