PDA

View Full Version : where did you gets yours??

Stillgoingstrong
19-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Just wondering how you came to have your mindees?? :laughing:

miss mopple
19-07-2010, 06:44 AM
2 came from a friend when she managed to escape minding and went out into the boring world of the grown ups :laughing:

1 came from DH's work (and I have another starting at the end of the year from there too :thumbsup: )

1 came from a recommendation by aforementioned friend who was asked by a colleague if she knew any good minders

the other one is the daughter of a friend

Mouse
19-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Of my current mindees, 3 were recommendations from their midwives, 2 were recommendations from friends, 1 was through my ad on Netmums and one was a phonecall from a mum who had a list of minders from FIS.

Carol M
19-07-2010, 07:02 AM
One from a minder who gave up. One from FIS. One from chilcare.co.uk. And hopefully 2 more soon, previous mindee and new baby sister and they found me originally from FIS. And 2 for holiday care from Netmums ad .
So from all over the place!
Carol xx

mushpea
19-07-2010, 07:07 AM
the first 2 I had I actutally started minding again so i could take them on as a freind was giving them up and they where just such lovley kids.
the ones i have now,,, mum of 3 saw my car sign , 1 from the goverment website, 1 i was recommended too, one is my neighbhour and the other came from a sign i put in the post office window when i was getting desperate as other mindees were leaving,, i have one comming to see me tonight who current mum has recommended me to.

ajs
19-07-2010, 07:08 AM
of my 4 three were recommendations from friends to the parents.
and my after schoolie came to me because when her mum called me to chat she found out we grew up in the same area of london and had loads of friends in common although her mum is 2 yrs my senior.

i have had some come through my ad in the yellow pages though and through FIS too.

Pipsqueak
19-07-2010, 07:29 AM
My two regs are returnees'
I have another returnee in September
Other one is, child is in middle sons class and i know the mum

The other two found me via FIS.

mama2three
19-07-2010, 07:38 AM
One was a recommendation from a minder without a space..
One a recommendation through surestart..
One starting next month I started to chat to mum at school sports day ,
And the one starting jan went a strange way about it , first looking at outstanding minders in the area on the ofsted website , then attempting to find them! She couldnt understand why noone would give her name / number from the registration number... Did match us up eventually though!

Millenium
19-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Two are word of mouth from a previous mindees parent.
Three are via CIS/FIS.

Chimps Childminding
19-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Most of mine are thro recommendation! One lo I have lives over the road and I had his 2 older sisters when they were little (he was a late surprise for mum and dad) I also have his cousin. The auntie of the cousin (I mentioned earlier) recommended me to her friend, I now have her daughter and her new baby (due Dec) booked in for next year, I also have her niece starting an a couple of weeks!

Another one came as the daughter of the lady who delivers our parcels was looking for a cm and her mum said she should speak to me or june (neither had full time space so we share him).

Only one came thro FIS

moljak
19-07-2010, 08:34 AM
First one was recomendation from someone i used to work with at a pre school.I registered especially to take this child.
The one I have starting Sept was given my name by the school they were visiting.I was in school at the time so the teacher chased me down playground to go back and meet the mum :)

Ones possibly starting Nov were given my name from the local children's centre.I have a good relationship there too.

Word of mouth and recomendations seems to be what the parents like around here.

rickysmiths
19-07-2010, 08:36 AM
All six from the local FIS lists.

Playmate
19-07-2010, 08:46 AM
13 on books at present, nearly all from netmums, childcare.co.uk and word of mouth and FIS. :D

crazyhazy
19-07-2010, 09:10 AM
My first mindee left her previous childminder and her mum knew me from preschool.

Of the ones I have lined up,

1 seen my advert at my house and liked the fact I was next to the school,

1 I sold my pram to at a nct sale when they were pg and said when I mentioned I was starting minding they knew they'd send their child to me.

1 is my neice :)

1 I went to school with the Mum

and the final 1 I'm not 100% sure about yet lives next door to my neice, and it's my location which is gaining me points this time too.

ORKSIE
19-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Mine have come from either reccomendations of FIS:thumbsup:

funfunfun
19-07-2010, 09:20 AM
2 from Childcare.co.uk .

turned out to be someone who lives a few streets away and grandma lives across from me :)

The other 2 are a friends who needs childcare during the holidays :)

clio0602
19-07-2010, 10:03 AM
All 3 I have from childcare.co.uk and a poss 2 more from same! :thumbsup:

Twinklestars
19-07-2010, 10:16 AM
1 is a neighbour

I have 2 brothers starting soon, their mum got my name from the FISH list

1 I heard the mum was struggling to find a childminder and by chance I realised he goes to my sons school so I approached his mum and he starts next week!

Rubybubbles
19-07-2010, 10:44 AM
I moved house in Feb and was full before I moved thanks to Childcare.co.uk:thumbsup: 5 spaces too:D

jaja
19-07-2010, 11:19 AM
one was word of mouth by hubby, two were through my websites, one through toddler group, lol
although have had one that came through a friend of a friend of a friend, lol... hubby keeps telling everyone thats pregnant or has kids and my mums that i have at the minute keep telling everyone ( well except one as she said she doesnt want anyone else using me cause i am her secret, lol, she likes that i can fit her in any time she wants:blush: )

i even have the head of school saying to me and hubby last week, that having lots of children around us suits us:blush: :blush: hope she passes my details on for new kids though, lol xxxxx

ourmadhouse
19-07-2010, 12:06 PM
My first was the daughter of my mums first minded child (hope you can understand that)
and my second was a parent from my sons school, was helping on a school trip and she spotted my logo on a bag . . . he started the week after that :thumbsup:

Iv just been out today and a lady in the shop stopped me to take my number from my logo on my t-shirt too, she needs someone from sept (oh please reing please ring :D )

Hebs
19-07-2010, 12:35 PM
3 from recommendations 1 from my advert in yell.com and 3 from childcare.co.uk x

heatherw
19-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Ive had enquires from childcare.co.uk but as yet no one has rang me back to sign contracts. Fingers crossed though.

Stillgoingstrong
19-07-2010, 03:06 PM
My first was the daughter of my mums first minded child (hope you can understand that)
and my second was a parent from my sons school, was helping on a school trip and she spotted my logo on a bag . . . he started the week after that :thumbsup:

Iv just been out today and a lady in the shop stopped me to take my number from my logo on my t-shirt too, she needs someone from sept (oh please reing please ring :D )
Ah so the t-shirt thing works then??:) I've just ordered some but am having second thoughts a) because I'm now sort of full and b) would I feel like a fat fool in a t-shirt? I am on slimfast but still need to loose 50 lbs:eek: :eek:

Stillgoingstrong
19-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Ive had enquires from childcare.co.uk but as yet no one has rang me back to sign contracts. Fingers crossed though.

Hold on it says you have been reg since 2009 does this mean you havent had any luck yet in finding mindees or have I missed something???:(

heatherw
19-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Hold on it says you have been reg since 2009 does this mean you havent had any luck yet in finding mindees or have I missed something???:(

Sorry I should have explained, I have been reg'd since 2009 but due to other commitments i have only started advertising in the past 3 months.

maisiemog
19-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Three came from my free ad on yell.com
Two came from netmums and one came from a poster in my window.
I keep getting loads of phonecalls from people who find me on yell.com and I keep having to turn them away!!! I'm full now!

mamasheshe
19-07-2010, 06:07 PM
1st another cm gave up Fridays
2nd toddler group
3rd another full cm gave my number
4th another full cm gave my number
5th net mums not happy with cm
6th 7th and 8th siblings school another cm full gave my number not happy with current cm (think its same cm as number 5 not happy with )
9th school in dds class

we're all quite busy here !!

ourmadhouse
19-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Ah so the t-shirt thing works then??:) I've just ordered some but am having second thoughts a) because I'm now sort of full and b) would I feel like a fat fool in a t-shirt? I am on slimfast but still need to loose 50 lbs:eek: :eek:

Oh i dont give a monkeys what i look like as long as i feel alright about myself inside. I say to the parents, i spend my days playing with the children not keeping myself neat and tidy :laughing:

To be honest i got the t-shirts because i didnt want to spoil my stuff and i get to feel a little more normal when i dont wear them at weekend, i sort of see them as a uniform, no stress of what to wear each morning too :D If i had my chance again id buy the black ones (as to the white ones i got :rolleyes: ) and not the 'ladies' t-shirts . . . not as good quality in the cloth as the normal t-shirts and they are a little tight around the bust area (well on me anyways :blush: )

one point to remember is where to plase your phone number, i had mine on the the bottom of the logo across the chest but people cant see much as with my shape, you could only read it if you are stood under me . . . thats why the lady had to stop me :D

Yes I got mine from that place that once they have your email, they never leave you alone! )

berkschick
19-07-2010, 08:06 PM
5 word of mouth

3 through family information (2 years ago when website was easy to understand!!)

1 from childcare.co.uk

Chimps Childminding
19-07-2010, 09:35 PM
5 word of mouth

3 through family information (2 years ago when website was easy to understand!!)

1 from childcare.co.uk

I'll never get any from there, put my postcode in today and I didn't come up on the list, neither did June next door :angry: :angry:

The Juggler
20-07-2010, 06:30 AM
i bid for them on e-bay:laughing: :laughing: just kidding. mostly recommendations or people I knew already. not one success from FIS or childcare but lot of enquiries.

also a number of placements through Daycare (social services sponsored daycare).

ChocolateChip
20-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Most of mine were people who knew me, I was quite involved in the community running the toddler group, community centre, PTA and helping with youth club prior to being registered so I was lucky that a lot of people knew I was going into minding, got 10 families that way!
Also had one who got my details from CIS, and I was passed details for a new parent by the school.
I don't belong to an official network or cm group but do know several minders, some of them good friends and we will pass potential customers on if we are too full.

And I've recently got embroidered shirts but too soon to tell yet about them!